'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Cobey for a very nice chain aswell... will run it in some nice clean wood when I get some :) Dont want to hammer it with rocks as normal!!!

I'm playing catchup on this thread. I just finished reading all 20 pages and just wanted to give a big thank you to the OP. Very interesting and informative. You have taken a lot of time to bring some really good, unbiased information to all of us wood cutters.

I got my 620p at Christmas and I am absolutely loving it. Back in the winter, I made a comment that this machine would compete with Stihl's 362 and Huskies 562. I basically got laughed at. Echo's have always been a simple, reliable, quality built, and UNDERRATED machines. Times are changing and I'm glad Echo's are finally getting some well deserved love. Bottom line is this: Competition is a win win for us consumers. The minute any manufacturer rests on their past success is the minute they get clobbered by their competition. Over the next few years, I believe Echo will become a much bigger player. It will no longer only be about Stihl and Husky.

Like I tell Rattler, I can ground enough chains in an hour the file for a week lol Especially at my fathers place where most of the wood is skidded or dragged with a tractor and dirty, on the ground and just plain rough...
Same here most of the wood I cut is not the cleanest and hard on chains

I'm playing catchup on this thread. I just finished reading all 20 pages and just wanted to give a big thank you to the OP. Very interesting and informative. You have taken a lot of time to bring some really good, unbiased information to all of us wood cutters.

I got my 620p at Christmas and I am absolutely loving it. Back in the winter, I made a comment that this machine would compete with Stihl's 362 and Huskies 562. I basically got laughed at. Echo's have always been a simple, reliable, quality built, and UNDERRATED machines. Times are changing and I'm glad Echo's are finally getting some well deserved love. Bottom line is this: Competition is a win win for us consumers. The minute any manufacturer rests on their past success is the minute they get clobbered by their competition. Over the next few years, I believe Echo will become a much bigger player. It will no longer only be about Stihl and Husky.
Exactly.

I just got done reading this whole thread. Nice saws and awesome videos! I have handled the 620pw, and the build quality seems to be excellent. the only thing that turns me off about Echo saws is the lack of aftermarket parts, or am I wrong. For example I don't see any replacement sprockets listed on Oregon's website. Excuse me if I'm wrong I don't know near as much about saws as most you guys do. I would just like to be able to get parts years from now if I need to. But the 620's look really impressive though.

I just got done reading this whole thread. Nice saws and awesome videos! I have handled the 620pw, and the build quality seems to be excellent. the only thing that turns me off about Echo saws is the lack of aftermarket parts, or am I wrong. For example I don't see any replacement sprockets listed on Oregon's website. Excuse me if I'm wrong I don't know near as much about saws as most you guys do. I would just like to be able to get parts years from now if I need to. But the 620's look really impressive though.

You can get just about any part for any Echo ever made including sprockets:

http://www.psep.biz/store/echo_chainsaw_sprockets.htm

Latest posts

Back