'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys the only reason the 620 is faster is because of the weight bearing down on the blade.we all know its way too under powered.:laughing:
A mastermind CS620 is looking mighty good right now.:D

Guys the only reason the 620 is faster is because of the weight bearing down on the blade.we all know its way too under powered.:laughing:
A mastermind CS620 is looking mighty good right now.:D

That's because some on this site think you need a 70cc saw to trim a rose bush.;)

BB that thing looks sweet! Id really like to hear it run. How crazy did you get with the muffler mod?

Thanks. It's pretty loud like really punchy especially with the higher compression. I cut the inner deflector off of the main deflector on top of the fire screen and I decided to keep the fire screen in place for now and then opposite the tube I cut that square out. I've been thinking of cutting it open with a band saw and totally gutting it and getting my brother to tig weld it back together. I ran a tank through it today on an emergency, split plumb tree from the storm yesterday or I would have gotten video today. I am going to run it again tomorrow or Monday. I'll get video and pics of the mm. My uncle said "let me get my plugs before you touch that puppy off again" after I fired real quick to make sure it wasn't flooded from riding in the truck.

Sounds similar to what I did. I didnt remove all of the inner reverse baffle just maybe 50% so outwardly it looks 100% factory but doesnt redirect all of the exhaust back. On the "tube" that runs up the muffler, cut that out completely... Next time I may just drill a few (3-4) 1/4" holes in it and try that first... or just throw a 288XP port on the side and call it good lol. I cant stand DP mufflers that look like its clearly an after thought so I would rather cut, weld, grind etc...

I honestly think my 575XP sounds a little better then the 620 but again that has more done... all in all the cutting ability of that Echo makes up for it. What was your squish after your gasket delete? Look forward to hearing it!

I'm with you on glued on looking duel ports lol. I am very impressed too. I've only used a handful of 60 cc saws and so far this one takes the cake. I'm really considering getting a 620pw. All in due time I guess. Oh yeah the squish. 027-.028 a bit better than before. A little bit more would be nice but I have room for error and porting. I need to do a compression test just out of curiosity.

One saw I allowed a nasty looking double port on was a 266SE I rebuilt only because I got the muffler cut for it but somewhere along its hard life it fell off... so threw another back on...

It cuts ok for a new topend and running a little rich. Yeah thats a safe squish for a work saw... sounds like it turned out great. You think you can feel a power/cutting difference as well as sound? Make sure you keep your chain sharp (and hope the Husky guy forgets lol)

Im not sure why but out Echo dealers here dont carry the Red Armor oil just yet, coming they say...., but they have the pre mix but that stuff is big $$$ os I just run Stihl HP or the other Echo for now depending on the saw.

That 266 cuts good theres one for sale around me for 250 I don't know how good of condition it's in. I've always liked them though. I can definitely feel a power increase see it too. No red armor out here yet either I looked today. Btw I really like the way that 266 sounds alot!!!! I watched that video a few times.

Thanks. It is my fathers, he wore it out so I built him a 266XP, too his 266SE, rebuilt, ported and MMd it and waiting to give it back. I cant believe it he runs 28" bars on them in Oak! Well they hold up so oh well... If you could get a running 266SE or XP for $200 bucks complete it would be worth it, fun and easy to work on and tough!

I think its neat how your photos showed just how stout the cases are on these saws... honestly unless a guy wanted a 620 I would just go with the 590 and do what you did... I mean my 2012 600P is basically the same exact saw as yours just 27" bar and a lot of wasted $.

Very interesting thread. Thanks for posting.

That's one mean stock 60cc saw.

So, other than the carb and some cheaper frame parts, how does it differ from the $400 590?

Full wrap, carb, porting, ignition the P&C #s are different as well, dual bucking spikes... for the price and warranty I would say its a very solid choice!

Thanks for comment on the photos. When I saw how they where built I had to take the opportunity to show that these saws are a quality piece of equipment. I may look into that 266se. I'd really like to get a second saw. Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow and get some pictures and video up!

BGE541 is it possible to run a stihl rollamatic es bar on the 590? I assume I would need an adapter. My brother gave me a 24" with a chain from his 044 it just needs a new roller tip.

Thanks for comment on the photos. When I saw how they where built I had to take the opportunity to show that these saws are a quality piece of equipment. I may look into that 266se. I'd really like to get a second saw. Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow and get some pictures and video up!
A 266 is a good saw.

Back