'15 Echo CS620PW Information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont I just got in a crisscross pattern about 3 times over, run the saw abit, snug again and call it good. Hard to explain but make sure you take your time and dont tighten one to much more then others.

Wound up at this thread. I just walked out of Stihl with a new MS 211c Saw (bartered). Was waiting on a 261 and got tired of waiting. Anyway, I have an Echo CS600P as well, so thought I'd settle for something smaller to work on my smaller jobs. Hope I like it. I can say the my Echo 600p is an absolute beast. I just use it around my property so no professional work here.

Wound up at this thread. I just walked out of Stihl with a new MS 211c Saw (bartered). Was waiting on a 261 and got tired of waiting. Anyway, I have an Echo CS600P as well, so thought I'd settle for something smaller to work on my smaller jobs. Hope I like it. I can say the my Echo 600p is an absolute beast. I just use it around my property so no professional work here.
I have actually logged pine and poplar out with my 600p and so far so good.not that it was 12 hours a day 7 days a week but enough to kill a poulan in a short amount of time.one day actually it took a flying 100ft leap into the woods.got the saw stuck in a widow maker.i was blocking it down to get it unlodged out of a tree across the road.only way out was to pull the tree off of the bar.well when they jerked all i saw was an orange streak.lol.picked it up, dusted it off and went back to sawing.not even a scratch.:D may be a plasticky feeling saw but its made tough enough.;)

Think when I get my CS600P back Im going to throw a 24" bar on it, muffer mod, delete the base gasket and port it. The 600 has lived 90% of its life in 28" Oak with the 27" Bar, never been tuned, modded or any parts replaced and I must say its impressive... Look forward to seeing your project Echo's when they are finished!!!

You should have got a CS400 and muff modded and tuned it. Steve

Seems to rev faster and is most definitely louder. I have not cut anything yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will get it tuned and race my brothers saw.

Ok so I wanted to to a comparison between the 575XP, 371XP and 620... The Huskys are sporting 24" bars and the Echo a 27", all newly sharpened chain, in green pine (24" dia) So here are the results... All saws were ran in their respective power band, wood had some knots, this wasn't a scientific test but had enough controls in place you will get the point.

The gang: 3saws.jpg

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Thoughts?

Back