2 new questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyrob

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just wondering where I should take the temp of my stove with my IR gun to get most accurate reading. The thing is double walled on top so wondering where would be best. Also, using a scale of 0 to 100 %, about how much do you shut your stove/insert down at night.

Thanks,
Rob

Dear Rob:

Do you want tuna with good taste or tuna that tastes good ?

Enjoy your stove. Fiddle with it, try different settings, don't overfire, place a simple thermometer where the manufacturer recommends and watch it at first. You'll get it before the winter is over. Try different loads: thick, thin, mixed, dry, some wet, N-S, or E-W. It all comes together.

Damn, you don need no stinkin IR gun, or Moisture Meter, or probes stuck in every needy orifice in the stovepipe, or video monitors of pyrolysis. The newer stoves and furnaces work fine without all the techie junk ( some Luddite here ). Now if and only if you're one of those that enjoy fiddling, fiddle. Most of us throw the splits in, sit back and enjoy a nice ____ (your choice of beverage).

Romantic scene on the bearskin in front of the stove: "excuse me dear, I got to shoot my IR gun for a check":blob2:

Latest posts

Back