• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 2065 "special"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Red saw lover
Reaction score
Helping my friend sell his closed port 2065. I had heard all of these were open port but I believe this is all stock closed port. Front chain adjustment. Everything works, it's a strong runner. $475
IMAG1025.jpg IMAG1024.jpg IMAG1026.jpg IMAG1027.jpg IMAG1023.jpg IMAG1022.jpg

Now your talking!!! If I can help out I will buy something up. Will keep my eyes on the posts.
I listed the big stuff as it pertains to this site tonight. He's got a decent Husky trimmer that I need to go through the carb, a Stihl 180 that needs the same. He had one other bar but I promised it to some guy in Lowell:dumb: and a mess of chains I need to go through and decide what I want. You probably won't see much else listed from the lot.

I listed the big stuff as it pertains to this site tonight. He's got a decent Husky trimmer that I need to go through the carb, a Stihl 180 that needs the same. He had one other bar but I promised it to some guy in Lowell:dumb: and a mess of chains I need to go through and decide what I want. You probably won't see much else listed from the lot.

Ok. Figured Brett would be in on this...I just bought an 058 chain last night. Hope it all sells soon!

I'm a jred noob. Would this compare to a ms460? I may be interested! What is closed port vs open. I'm learning a lot here :)
MS460 is 77cc vs the J-red 2065 which is 65cc. 2071/2171 would be comparable to an MS440 at 71cc, although the J-Red/Husq have quad transfer ports.

I thought the 2065 was open port, but apparently some were closed port, or this one had a closed port jug swapped onto it at some point...

Here's a partial list of this series of Jonsered vs. Husqvarna saws.

2065 = 365 open port 65cc
2165 = 365 special closed port 65cc
2166 = 365 x-torq (detuned 2172/x-torq) 71cc
2071 = 371xp 71cc
2171 = 372xp OE 71cc
2172 = 372xp x-torq 71cc

I'm a jred noob. Would this compare to a ms460? I may be interested! What is closed port vs open. I'm learning a lot here :)
It's a bit smaller as stated above.
The huskys have better air filtration and have better antivibe systems. If you don't mind cleaning air filters more often as well as the vibes a 460/461 is a great saw and will run a 24" bar all day long in 20" wood. If you don't need the grunt of a 460/461 then your typical 365/372 will do a great job.
What saws are you currently running, how big of wood, what size bars.

We need @SawTroll or @spike60 to chime in here. As far as I know, no 2065’s were specials, only the later 2165’s which I own 2.
Are you wanting them here to figure out whether there was actually a 2065 special or to tell us that this one has a special cylinder (CP). If it's the later a picture of the intake at the cylinder should answer that as far as I understand without seeing anything else.
I've never had a 2065 myself, but only the 365 specials and the 2165 so all mine had the CP cylinder on them as did the 372's and the 2172's.
I wouldn't mind knowing though, there seems to be so many exceptions to the rules that I wouldn't be surprised if a late model 2065 was out there with a test cylinder that was sold as a demo or something.

It's a bit smaller as stated above.
The huskys have better air filtration and have better antivibe systems. If you don't mind cleaning air filters more often as well as the vibes a 460/461 is a great saw and will run a 24" bar all day long in 20" wood. If you don't need the grunt of a 460/461 then your typical 365/372 will do a great job.
What saws are you currently running, how big of wood, what size bars.

I ended up getting a 460 magnum. We work in a wide variety of wood.. fir, cedar, walnut, maple, birch, oak, poplar... up to 48in dba. most around 20-30in dba. Bosses 461 has a 28in bar. Until this mag I've been running my 200t and 026 for smaller side jobs.

From what I can see of the transfer bulge on the clutch side, it is a closed port cylinder, which would also indicate a bellows intake.
Seems like since it's not what it's supposed to be then there's a chance it's also 50mm...
The pic shows the top of the cylinder and it clearly has "48" stamped on it. I'm not sure if that means it's a 48mm or what???

Lol sorry guys, the "special" descriptor was tongue in cheek. It's a closed port, 48mm cylinder with the clamp on bellows style intake. I have a 365 non special here with the same cylinder. I have nothing other than experience to form the opinion that Husky threw whatever cylinder setup in these saws. However, it is possible that the two I have acquired happened to have CP setups swapped on them. My friend purchased this saw from the original owner at a garage sale. I don't think it's been effed with.

Whether original or not, it's a great running saw as is.

Are you wanting them here to figure out whether there was actually a 2065 special or to tell us that this one has a special cylinder (CP). If it's the later a picture of the intake at the cylinder should answer that as far as I understand without seeing anything else.
I've never had a 2065 myself, but only the 365 specials and the 2165 so all mine had the CP cylinder on them as did the 372's and the 2172's.
I wouldn't mind knowing though, there seems to be so many exceptions to the rules that I wouldn't be surprised if a late model 2065 was out there with a test cylinder that was sold as a demo or something.
Oooooh like a factory test bed hot rod saw! :envy::envy:

For the sake of science, I will split shipping on this to the CONUS to get this in some chainsaw archaeologist's hands.

Or, if you just want a solid saw to put wood in the truck, the same offer for shipping stands.

If anyone wants more pics I can do that too.

We need @SawTroll or @spike60 to chime in here. As far as I know, no 2065’s were specials, only the later 2165’s which I own 2.

As I recall it, the change to a CP cylinder (initially on the US market only) wasn't directly connected to either the "Special" designation, or to the change from 2065 to 2165, although it happened at about the same time as the introduction of at least the "Special" designation. I don't remember all the details at this point though.

The CP cylinder was an EPA-related change, at a time not directly connected to the changes in the model designations (if memory serves it happened a bit earlier, on US sold saws only at first).

As I recall it, the change to a CP cylinder (initially on the US market only) wasn't directly connected to either the "Special" designation, or to the change from 2065/2165, although it happened at about the same time as the introduction of at least the "Special" designation. I don't remember all the detains at this point though.

The CP cylinder was an EPA-related change, at a time not directly connected to the changes in the model designations (if memory serves it happened a bit earlier, on US sold saws only at first).
So this is a "rare 2065 with a 48mm CP cylinder".
Tim you better edit the title, this should sell fast now :D.
Thanks for clearing all that up ST.

Back