• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 3 Jonsered 70E saws (No Spark)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Reaction score
I have 3 70E saws I have collected to try and make one run. Which I was successful and then the first time I really ran the Saw the module went out on me, so I would just like to get out from under it and get some of my money back. I will post pics of the 3rd Saw when I get a chance. I would like to get $200 back which is taking a major hit. So $200 plus shipping and all three are yours.

Saw I was trying to get running:
IMG_7435.JPG IMG_7436.JPG IMG_7437.JPG

Parts Saw:
image.jpg IMG_7538.JPG IMG_7539.JPG IMG_7540.JPG

3rd saw is low hour also and I will update when I get a chance.

These are a very nice saw to run, when they are running, I guess. I love the look of this series of Jonsereds saws. Glad mine runs great! GLWS
Thanks! Maybe someone can use them or part them however they want, but I'm just done with that model, I went my 12 rounds with them and I did not emerge the victor lol

Do the nova/or similar chips work on these? I know there are two different if ignition styles on these, cant tell which these are. Cool old saws for sure!

Do the nova/or similar chips work on these? I know there are two different if ignition styles on these, cant tell which these are. Cool old saws for sure!
Unfortunately they do not, it seems they are mostly time for saws that have magnets on the outside of the flywheel, the 70E uses magnets under the flywheel.

Ugh, it sounded so nice when you did have it running. Isn't there anything you can do to either fix or rebuilt the module? I'm not familiar with the J-reds yet. I know with some of the out- boards companies like CDI can rebuild certain components for you.

Ugh, it sounded so nice when you did have it running. Isn't there anything you can do to either fix or rebuilt the module? I'm not familiar with the J-reds yet. I know with some of the out- boards companies like CDI can rebuild certain components for you.
If someone who knew what they were doing they might could, but I'm just done with it, I gave it my best lol

If someone who knew what they were doing they might could, but I'm just done with it, I gave it my best lol
Give it a month or so. I've had fits with all my saws at one point. Let them sit for a while and eventually I grow to like them even more than before they broke.

And here is the third Saw I spoke of. Muffler is in great shape and the plastic fan has all of its fins. The muffler is actually much heavier duty than than the standard mufflers, the fuel tank is starting to corrode a little bit but should clean up pretty easy. I suppose I could probably be talking into splitting them up, but one Saw will have to come with the extra parts Saw.
IMG_7560.JPG IMG_7561.JPG IMG_7562.JPG IMG_7563.JPG IMG_7564.JPG

Just a thought, but you could advertise them on Instagram and see if you get any interest on there. Might reach others who aren't on AS. I know others who have digital sales on that platform and seem to like it.

True, I might try that. I just want them to go to someone who knows what they are in for.

And I'm actually going to take all of my projects and set them out and let my Instagram followers pick my next project.

True, I might try that. I just want them to go to someone who knows what they are in for.

And I'm actually going to take all of my projects and set them out and let my Instagram followers pick my next project.
Like me lol! I've been very tempted to part out my mac 1-50 on the bay to fund a newer 90cc class saw as it is missing enough parts to be too expensive to fix and I have the 250 which is in much better condition. I'm very interested to see what the potential project saws are going to be.

Like me lol! I've been very tempted to part out my mac 1-50 on the bay to fund a newer 90cc class saw as it is missing enough parts to be too expensive to fix and I have the 250 which is in much better condition. I'm very interested to see what the potential project saws are going to be.
Well I'm working on a possible trade right now for a couple of saws to add to the list, but I'm not sure yet.

Latest posts

Back