3 semi loads of oak, hickory all delivered.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Blockbuster do you run, and do you like it, or rather things you like about it/and don't like? Maybe some pics?
I run a 14-12plus that has been modified to take a 20" log up to 20 feet long.
Definite not their biggest unit, but I have not ran into anything yet that it won't split.
Well made machine that saves me many chiropractor visits. :)

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

That looks like all sawlogs probably cut last winter. Something really ****** must have happened for that to end up as firewood. Like the wood was stolen, logger got killed, something weird. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe mill prices are that bad in your area? Up here they would pay at least twice that at the mill compared to a firewood sale. Not trying to crap on your parade. I'm just confused.

Not too worried as I know the landowner where they were logged.

That looks like all sawlogs probably cut last winter. Something really ****** must have happened for that to end up as firewood. Like the wood was stolen, logger got killed, something weird. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe mill prices are that bad in your area? Up here they would pay at least twice that at the mill compared to a firewood sale. Not trying to crap on your parade. I'm just confused.
I get where your coming from on that, obviously it's not atolen though. But I have to admit the first thing I thought was "wow, those are some nice fat straight logs, good for milling boards ect."
To turn that all into firewood is your choice, but if I had the room that it looks like you do, I'd be toying with a mill on some of those.
Also did you pay or free?

I run a 14-12plus that has been modified to take a 20" log up to 20 feet long.
Definite not their biggest unit, but I have not ran into anything yet that it won't split.
Well made machine that saves me many chiropractor visits. :)

It's more or less a gas powered 18-20 then? My 15-20 can do about 18" around logs. Bigger would be better. I need to modify it to fit an 18-20 bar when I have time... one day.

Back