• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 394xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought of a "Millwright" as a guy who can build what he designs, and do so in the most efficient manner possible.

All Engineers drive trains though.
Yup, but that didn't fit into the post I wanted to make

My 288 is ballpark 066 size, and I'd much rather spend a day in the woods with it than my 394. Arranging having a tanker truck filled with 32:1 Belray follow me around all day is a logistical nightmare

These were the guys that the engineers consulted with if the had any hopes of their project actually working correctly.

You are right there. My Dad and the Journeyman that trained him spent 1977 writing a best practices manual for Caterpillar to outline moving heavy equipment like crane parts and switchgear across the plant roof. The theoretical nature of an engineer's background made them all too leery to pull the trigger when it came to actual practice. Millwrights are always in the mix and have realistic expectations. And they are able to communicate without obfuscation.

Dad and his buddy that trained him used to confound me a bit when we would build stuff because the first thing they did was burn the instructions even before they lit their first smoke.

Nice 394 XP.

Latest posts

Back