511ax grinder help please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locofrog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok so i started my new job as the local husky wrench and passed all the certification tests. got to the shop and finally got it all cleaned up from the last mechanic and started putting up all the new tools. the boss got me a 511ax brand spanking new and that's great but i was just wondering how you're supposed to hold the motor still while installing the wheels. i got it on by taking the supplied allen wrenches and laying them on the motor body, letting them run through the fan cover and through the fan blades. with that said it was a last resort because the fan is clearly made of plastic and i dont see that being the only way of doing this. so, people who own these grinders, how is this "properly"done?

loco

There must be a lockout somewhere, even cheap angle grinders have them

I have noticed this problem as well. What works for me is just hold the wheel in position while turning the bolt.

How do you like the manual that comes with it. Kind of a joke. I just hold the wheel and snug the bolt as others have said.

On some new ones, the screw is rather tight, and you cannot get the screw tight enough for the flanges to grip the wheel before it is too hard to hold the shaft with your fingers?

yeah that'll hold the wheel still but won't keep the motor from turning. as for the manual... yes a total joke. my four year old could've wrote a better instruction sheet.

You could gently hold the shaft with some pliers if it is giving you trouble. It does not need to be very tight.

I just use my fingers on the wheel same way as I do with my regular grinder

+1

Does not have to be very tight at all. Should not have to hold the shaft or fan. If your screw does not thread in without effort, you might need to chase the threads on the screw or hole.

Philbert

Back