Echo cs 271t carb removal help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poleframer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not new to chainsaw repair by a ways, but this little guy sort of has me stumped.
Not idleing well, tho it runs great, just wont idle, no matter how I adjust, so I'm taking the carb off for a good cleaning and check.
After removing the two long screws its loose, it wiggles, cant see anything holding it onto the intake boot, but it just dosnt want to come off, and I dont want to pull too hard,
I do see that I can get an allen wrench through the holes where the long screws were to allen bolts at the base of the intake boot, but looks like a pita to get them back. Never worked on one of these little echo saws, been through many rebuilds of ms200s, and other saws.
I'd expect it similar to the cs 2511t. I tried to find a Utube vid, nothing there.
Anyone remove the carbs on one of these that can give me a tip?
Thanks, Russell

Thanks, I was wondering if it had been glued onto the intake boot, feels like I'm about to tear the boot in half pulling. Might have to make something to get in there and pry it off the boot carefully.

Well, that info really helped, that carb was well stuck on the intake boot, but after prying it off I was able to clean it and finish picking out the left over bits of the plastic limiters that were keeping me from tuning it.
This place rocks!
EXTRA Thanks to you Ray!!!

Hi all, I'm not new to chainsaw repair by a ways, but this little guy sort of has me stumped.
Not idleing well, tho it runs great, just wont idle, no matter how I adjust, so I'm taking the carb off for a good cleaning and check.
After removing the two long screws its loose, it wiggles, cant see anything holding it onto the intake boot, but it just dosnt want to come off, and I dont want to pull too hard,
I do see that I can get an allen wrench through the holes where the long screws were to allen bolts at the base of the intake boot, but looks like a pita to get them back. Never worked on one of these little echo saws, been through many rebuilds of ms200s, and other saws.
I'd expect it similar to the cs 2511t. I tried to find a Utube vid, nothing there.
Anyone remove the carbs on one of these that can give me a tip?
Thanks, Russell
Check your inbox for a service manual and link to ipls.

Latest posts

Back