576 xp. Any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a guy wants to sell me a brand new 576xp. Anybody got opinions? How does it compare to a 372? What's a fair price?

They are a good saw, just a touch slower than a 372 but with a lil more torque and weight. They wake up real nice to mods. New price is in the $800-$900 range. What's he asking for it?

For that price you could send it off to be ported & have about the same cost as the MSRP on a new one...............just sayin;)

seriously though, Good price if it's new.

I've seen more than average number of bottom end failures of 576 saws, most have been replaced with 372xt's.

Well, maybe I'll pick it up and give it a try. Should be able to break even if it decides it doesn't like me. Haven't pissed the battle ax off in a while, maybe today would be a good day!

They are a good saw, just a touch slower than a 372 but with a lil more torque and weight. They wake up real nice to mods. New price is in the $800-$900 range. What's he asking for it?

The 576 wasn't slower on this day.

#Originally Posted by Stumpys Customs #
Hedgerow came over Saturday to have some trigger time on this 576 & the 562. He brought along his Dolmar 9010 & his 372 I built for him last year. We used the same 28" b&c on all the saws in a 21" oak log. Here's how the times went. The 562 broke the starter before we could get a test cut with the 28" bar.

576xpat 17.50
9010 18.10
372xp 19.20
365sp 20.45 (build off saw)

We also run the 576, 562 the 365 with the 15" buildoff B&C in a 10" pine log and got these times

576 2.8
365 3.4
562 4.0
Interesting that a 576 with fresh woods port whipped up decisively on a broke in 372.

Last edited:
This is what mastermind said about the 576.

Originally Posted by Stihlman441
Nice work there Randy.
So witch one do you like best the fat bottom girl (441CM) or the large breasted cheer leader (576 Auto Tune) ?
Cheers
The 576 does have more snot.

I've not been able to run either one enough to be a good judge though.

The 576 wasn't slower on this day.

#Originally Posted by Stumpys Customs #
Hedgerow came over Saturday to have some trigger time on this 576 & the 562. He brought along his Dolmar 9010 & his 372 I built for him last year. We used the same 28" b&c on all the saws in a 21" oak log. Here's how the times went. The 562 broke the starter before we could get a test cut with the 28" bar.

576xpat 17.50
9010 18.10
372xp 19.20
365sp 20.45 (build off saw)

We also run the 576, 562 the 365 with the 15" buildoff B&C in a 10" pine log and got these times

576 2.8
365 3.4
562 4.0
Interesting that a 576 with fresh woods port whipped up decisively on a broke in 372.
And a ported 9010 dolmar... just sayin:msp_thumbup:

Stock for stock the 372 is a tad faster.

That particular 372 didn't have the same things done to it that the 576 did. It was one of my first 372's I had done. The ones I do now, the 576 doesn't quite keep up. Still yet, the 576 is a good saw stock or modded.

Last edited:
I've seen more than average number of bottom end failures of 576 saws, most have been replaced with 372xt's.

That's interesting, i've had really good luck commercially around here with the 576 and push it over the 372xt. As a matter of fact the masterminds in Sweden are working as we speak to figure out why the 372xts are still blowing crank carrier bearings.

That's interesting, i've had really good luck commercially around here with the 576 and push it over the 372xt. As a matter of fact the masterminds in Sweden are working as we speak to figure out why the 372xts are still blowing crank carrier bearings.

Ah, you got to be wrong a 372 with a problem? I believe the 576AT is turning into the Rodney Dangerfield of chainsaws.

I'd like to hear more on this.
I've heard more stories of 575 and 576 crank problems than 372s having crank problems. :msp_unsure:

I'd like to hear more on this.
I've heard more stories of 575 and 576 crank problems than 372s having crank problems. :msp_unsure:

You've heard of it or seen it yourself. A lot of people blow smoke we know. I just sent some to Sweden for evaluation. 372s USED to be really good saws.

jthusky55 is very correct on this one.

The number of crank bearing failures on the 575 and 576 are very few and far between.
But like most things here on AS, the over-exaggerating of a simple issue, muddies the water.

As far as the 576 vs the 372, personally the 576 is much closer to my 375, and the autotune gives it the edge that lil extra torgue makes a big difference. A slight weight penalty to be considered. Fuel consumption rates is negligible and not really apparent as I ain't cutting in a controlled environment. Major dislike is the added bulk, much prefer the slimmer body of the 372.

All aside the Triple Knickel is my go to saw now.

You've heard of it or seen it yourself. A lot of people blow smoke we know. I just sent some to Sweden for evaluation. 372s USED to be really good saws.

One our local loggers has a pile of 575s with bad cranks/bearings. He wanted $400 for 10 saws, 6 of them were 575s that didn't run. The other 4 saws were in running condition. I never pulled one apart to see what was bad. I passed on them. More than one logger around here has mentioned bad crank/bearings in 575s. I've steered clear since. I didn't even want to part them out on ebay.
So what's happening with the new 372x-torq? I'm assuming the 365 x-torq share the identical crank/case, bearings, and seals?

One our local loggers has a pile of 575s with bad cranks/bearings. He wanted $400 for 10 saws, 6 of them were 575s that didn't run. The other 4 saws were in running condition. I never pulled one apart to see what was bad. I passed on them. More than one logger around here has mentioned bad crank/bearings in 575s. I've steered clear since. I didn't even want to part them out on ebay.
So what's happening with the new 372x-torq? I'm assuming the 365 x-torq share the identical crank/case, bearings, and seals?

It's mostly high use commercial stuff but ya there is a high failure rate commercially with the carrier bearings which they are still trying to figure out and the carburetor issues are almost as bad, really inconsistent from day to day. Hopefully gonna get some to test soon. I haven't stocked one for a few months now, 576AT has been pretty bulletproof. Between the 575AT saws I had and the 576AT i haven't had a rod or carrier bearing go yet. YET being the key word of course.

Latest posts

Back