750 Textron Homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckinMoe

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey there new guy here just picked up a Homelite 750 saw looks in good shape wanted to know if anyone has ran one on a mill and results also wanted to know if anyone has had any experience playing with these saws as far as porting goes ?

I have a 750 on a mill. I rebuilt the saw when I got it, and have cut a lot of slabs with it. It works fine for my purpose as a hobby Miller. I have used a stihl 066 on a mill, and the old Homelite definitely takes the win in my opinion. Tons of power in that machine.

I have a 750 on a mill. I rebuilt the saw when I got it, and have cut a lot of slabs with it. It works fine for my purpose as a hobby Miller. I have used a stihl 066 on a mill, and the old Homelite definitely takes the win in my opinion. Tons of power in that machine.
What size bar ?

36” currently. And there is still plenty of power left over. And, the back up manual oiler helps out on that saw as well while milling.

Yeah, I don’t think there are too many left, and most of what are left are sitting in a collection. I have the one I use, and 3/4 of one for parts. I’ve cut a lot of slabs with mine in the last 4 years, and it hasn’t missed a beat. It just guzzles fuel and cuts. If you decide to use yours for milling, at least I’ll know I’m not the only one running one on a mill...

Back