A wacky chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakeside53

Stihl Wrenching
Reaction score
Who can tell me about this chain?

It's on a "like NEW" Echo 610 EVL - twin cylinder...

The chain sequence has a left chipper cutter, a TWIN whatever cutter, then a right chipper cutter...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Funny thing is this saw looks like it was shipped with this chain and was only put in wood ONCE... like ONE cut...

i might have an idea

I was poking around Granberg's site the other day. They had their own version of a ripping chain. Sounds about right, might want to take a look.

Specialty chain

(Kolvy or Kolvey, not sure) Supposed to be excellent for dirty conditions. Also can be made to cut very fast by sharpening front edges of wings.

Chain

Kolve chain supposed to be anti-kick and it kicked like a Missouri mule, could not sharpen it and make it cut worth a hoot, you had to sharpen straight across the wings and flat on top. As per many other great ideas, great only in the minds of the inventor.

I obtained a few loops of that a few years back, really wild looking setup.

Looks like something an "engineer" would come up with......................

im very intrigued by the thought of a twin cylinder chainsaw...is it heavy, low revving? (kinda make it sound like a harley, huh?) never seen one before, just wondering?

Heck, from the outside it looks like any other echo chainsaw of the period!

Not all that heavy, and I've been told that it's real smooth and torquey. Guess I'm going to have to find out!

Last edited:
As Thall would say 'Cool beans!' on the chain's identity, that is some strange in my book and bet its a biatch to sharpen, hmmm, wonder how much more so after rockin' it? iyiyiyiyiiiiiyiiyiyiyiii, 'better mousetrap syndrome' I think :bang:

:cheers:

Serge

Twin Cylinder Echo

I have a twin cylinder Echo 610 EVL also. It is a different saw. 30 cc per cylinder & they both fire at the same time so it doesn't sound much if any different than other chainsaws. I thuoght it was cool so I bought it for $20.00 ten or twelve years ago I think. The man wanted to sell two of them. I wish I had bought both so I would have spare parts. You can't have too many chainsaws, right ?

My echo dealer up the road has the twin cylinder 610-evl on display. It's new, never been started or had gas in it. When the echo rep came a while back he offered the owner $3000 for it, but he declined. they must have some value if the rep is offering to pay out serious cash for it!

I have a friend who has one and loves it (his was the John Deere version). He showed it to me one day without telling me it was a twin and I about popped a cork trying to figure out wat I was looking at. He had a heck of a laugh on me. Its a fairly heavy chainsaw but very torquey. They are getting very few and far between and a good one will fetch upwards of $300 used.

Latest posts

Back