A wacky chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guess i have been around to many v-twin harleys because that is what i was expecting, not a 180' motor, reminds me of the ole BSA or Triumph motorcycles with the 180' motors(i can't remember for sure who made them, been a long time since i seen one)

guess i have been around to many v-twin harleys because that is what i was expecting, not a 180' motor, reminds me of the ole BSA or Triumph motorcycles with the 180' motors(i can't remember for sure who made them, been a long time since i seen one)

There were several other twin cylinder saws with different designs.

Bill

Echo 610

He are a few pictures of one of mine. They are a bit heavy but do handle a 24 inch bar well enough for fire wood fun. Good low end power and a better midrange than you might expect. They are just 60cc and not a real modern design with their reed valves. I like them as a chain saw and the R/C air guys love them for engine conversions which also adds to their value whenever they come up on ebay.............Bob

Looks like a 180 degree 2 stroke twin would be one of the smoothest motors made. At every part of the revolution there would be an exact counterpart moving the opposite direction. I'd like to run one.

So did you ever run this chain Lakeside?

Got a chance to see it in action and run it. I was amazed at how smooth it was. I just cut a couple regular cross cuts with it after i saw the demo..

The guy cross cut a piece of 16" or so oak....then proceeded to take the tip of the bar and shove it into the ground about 6" and drug it backwards about 10 feet.

he then put a log on a saw horse and free hand milled it. the finish was unbelieveable. I got a loop to try on my mill. The guy swore by it. Looks like some wicked stuff, that is for sure

So did you ever run this chain Lakeside?

Got a chance to see it in action and run it. I was amazed at how smooth it was. I just cut a couple regular cross cuts with it after i saw the demo..

The guy cross cut a piece of 16" or so oak....then proceeded to take the tip of the bar and shove it into the ground about 6" and drug it backwards about 10 feet.

he then put a log on a saw horse and free hand milled it. the finish was unbelieveable. I got a loop to try on my mill. The guy swore by it. Looks like some wicked stuff, that is for sure

Who makes it?

Looks like a 180 degree 2 stroke twin would be one of the smoothest motors made. At every part of the revolution there would be an exact counterpart moving the opposite direction. I'd like to run one.

The offset connecting rods create a rocking couple just like any twin that is offset. Only a 90 Deg. V-twin that has no cylinder offset has perfect primary balance and no rocking couple.

Both the saw and the chain mid 1980's junk!

$3000 for one.....Hahahahahahaha! I seen you coming.

Hey Lakeside....don't hurt yourself testing that chain....Hahahahahaha!

Boxer engines are very smooth, whether they are 2,4, or more cylinders. One of the smoothest engines I've ever seen was a Honda Gold Wing and it was an older 4 cylinder model. One night while on break, we stood a nickle up on the valve cover of my friend's bike and he reved the engine to over 4000 rpm and the nickle never fell over.

Latest posts

Back