Anybody collect anything besides chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a shot of some arrowhead cases, and a few we found on an outing several months ago, on one the shop work tables.
View attachment 497820
View attachment 497821
View attachment 497822
View attachment 497823
View attachment 497824
View attachment 497825
You and my uncle would get along. Him and my Dad found a whole Indian skeleton back in the 60's. It's now in the Tennessee Museum in Nashville. He had a display case of over 5,000 heads, axes, sewing needles, hoes, and various tools they'd found over the years. He's getting up in age and sold the lot last year for 8K.

Heres a pic of my smallest bottle. Its an old Vicks bottle. I have more smaller collections at my fathers of random stuff such as deer antler sheds and animal skulls we find hiking. Also old jeeps and guns I gathered when I was young and single and money was just for fun. I will post pictures tomorrow of the toys I used to be able to afford.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    930.9 KB · Views: 62
Pocket knives and Gravely L model tractors
Dude those Gravely L's are so cool. The only nieghbor I have in my neck of the woods collects and fixes old tractors of all kinds. And outboard boat motors but he doesnt have a boat. Between my gasoline fueled hobbies and my nieghbors there is always something revving or idling during the weekends. What attachments do you have for your Gravely's?

I live in an old gold mining town outside of Auburn Calif., most of my bottles were found on or near my property. They include many opium bottles like the one next to the walnut shown here for scale. There were thousands of Chinese living in the town along with around 5thousand miners. Most of these bottles date from around 1850's to the 1890's. ( see post # 35 )

collecting,? that's a tough one... myself, I like to collect something that I have never seen before, rare and no one else has held or tampered with... such a hobby collecting these are a thing to behold, "LIFE", each day is different then all others and different then what will come that makes them rare and precious to behold! one other thing that I like to collect is firewood, different species, shapes, conditions, weights, lengths and all definitions it may come in.... imagine ? collecting firewood, that would be an odd hobby......... maybe chainsaw's? or axe's? or??????????????????????????

Those tanks remind me of a big mistake me and my brother made as kids. We got bb and pellet guns for christmas one year and took our gi joes we had got from our older cousins and shot them all into pieces.

Latest posts

Back