• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Antique chainsaw collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't gotten back in touch with the guy again. I still have his contact info. I definitely can't carry that many saws in my truck. It's a little S10. I was hoping to find someone with the means to go buy them. I have this picture in my head of an old guy who has 150 antique saws and some kids who are waiting around for him to die so they can scrap or pawn them for some beer and a pack of smokes. I know that's a negative view but I saw that happen to most of my grandfather's gun collection. It was a shame. I have around 70 chainsaws now and if I showed up with another 150, I might go from being married to having a beautiful ex wife with a bunch of my stuff too.

I have an add on one of the local sites in my area asking for people to contact me if they have vintage chainsaws for sale. A man contacted me asking if I wanted to buy 100-150 antique chainsaws at $100 each. According to him they are mostly from the 1940s and older. He told me that several are 2 man saws. I'm not at that level of collecting but I wondered if any of you know of a museum or somewhere else that would be interested in something like that. The guy says he wants to sell them all together.
Hit Buckin' up. He's a forester and collector.

Latest posts

Back