Brand Blindness

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About three years ago I was in the market and was looking for a 50cc saw. I visited my local stihl dealer. The model I was looking at was the 271.I requested a RS chain and he went ballistic. telling me that he was not allowed to sell this chain because of the law. I told him he was full of it. I liked the saw. It was well balanced with a 16BC. Well this individual proceeded to tell me that if I used other than Stihl oil that the warranty would be invalid. Anyway I wound up purchasing a Echo CS590. More saw for the same price. I have not looked back since.

They give an extended warranty on some equipment if you buy a six pack of HP Ultra. That is the extent of it.

If you never use any of it has nothing to do with warranty repair. If it is in the warranty period and not some obvious customer misuse we repair it.

They give an extended warranty on some equipment if you buy a six pack of HP Ultra. That is the extent of it.

If you never use any of it has nothing to do with warranty repair. If it is in the warranty period and not some obvious customer misuse we repair it.
I got that deal a few years back on a backpack blower.

Kudos for sticking to your choices. I've had similar encounters, but I believe in using what suits my needs.

Just sharing my experience. There is obviously a lot of folks running it without issue. My 10-10S had a dime size spot that the plating wore through. The p41 I have not torn down but I can see some heavy scoring. Both saws had new seals but older bearings. I say run what you want. My opinion is just that of some guy on an internet forum. I'm convinced that mix ratio is more important than brand.

Latest posts

Back