Premix fuel OK to use?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet one of the monkey lads there would just unscrew and cross thread the valve.
Yep' keep/toss the valve without telling owners too. Months after dealer replaced my neighbors oem stripped plug he had his oil changed at another quick change again (he dont today).
A week or so went by & he noticed a large oil puddle on his garage floor. He returned to the oil center to tighten his drain plug more.
Now his dealer had installed a "self tapping" drain plug about one size up after his OEM plug was stripped by a different quick change center.
When the moron "oil change expert" removed his new plug, he decides its not an oil drain plug being its self tapping & puts a reg drain plug back in. Being the holes tapped larger the small original size plug never tightend so it leaked bad.
Expert oil changer didn't realize this, said he tossed neighbors $100+ dealer plug in trash (gone to landfill).
Neighbor ran to parts store & got another self tapping plug for it. Within a yr that vehicles oil pan was stripped out again, he replaced his oil pan.
Quick change centers hire whoever applies there because they don't pay people ****. Hoping for Goobers but mostly get Gomers no doubt, know what I mean Vern?

Been running 5oz to 1 gallon lately got one of those harbor freight post hole diggers. Helping the neighbor put a add on to the workshop / equipment shed
Yup, they’ll sell you all that pre mix crap you want, they don’t care how many engines you fry.

I've been running motomix for about 8 years in all my saw. I have never had a fuel or oil issue. Not one.

When does the Stihl Ultra finally blow up a saw?
It wont blow up if tuned properly but that ultra will clog it up, take it apart and see. But if your happy with it then carry on, you may only notice when you change oil and realise how much ultra stinks when your cutting where the fumes are hanging and not blowing away..

I completely disagree. His methods remind of what some back yard redneck with no actual knowledge of how things work dreaming up "tests". In a best case his tests are half azzed to the point of being anecdotal at best.
Some love to talk and talk, youtube is full of people showing the best this that and everything else, and so many sheeple take this "entertainment" as fact. I have seen a lot of so called saw builders and their workmanship leaves a lot to be desired. Just look at the way they treat their tools and you will recognize a true craftsman straight away.

Stihl hp ultra at its finest... blocking screens in equipment everywhere. BTW this was all 50 to 1 non ethanol, and a very low hr blower. 100% typical to see.
Hp ultra was designed for the 4 mix engine not 2 strokes. The biodegradable feature is a marketing hype, nothing more or less. Lost of places that sell oil can claim they meet certain standards, the facts are hp ultra meets fb and not fd.
Yes your right it was made for their 4 mix engine and what stihl recommended for the 4 mix. But you trip up in saying "not 2 strokes" their 4 mix runs on a 2 stroke mixture, it revs slower (at least my kombi does) and it clogs up a lot with ultra. Do your own research

Yes your right it was made for their 4 mix engine and what stihl recommended for the 4 mix. But you trip up in saying "not 2 strokes" their 4 mix runs on a 2 stroke mixture, it revs slower (at least my kombi does) and it clogs up a lot with ultra. Do your own research
It's a four stroke engine with a total loss lubrication system. It's not a 2 stroke, doesn't matter how you twist it around.

It's a four stroke engine with a total loss lubrication system. It's not a 2 stroke, doesn't matter how you twist it around.
Yes totally different animal as it pertains to piston temps. Also a four mix really needs an ashless oil like Ultra in order to minimize exhaust valve deposits, which are the source of many of the 4mix's problems.
I still maintain that from a design standpoint it's a turd.

Hi everyone, I have a question about fuel.

I started several years ago going with only premix cans of fuel for any two stroke equipment that I have. I use only non ethanol gas in any 4 stroke equipment.

So yesterday I was picking up a saw from a guy who builds and repairs them. In this case, a Stihl 066 with a brand new Meteor cylinder and piston. He asked me what fuel I used in the saw I was leaving with him for some work, and I told him I use the Husky or Stihl premix interchangeably, with .6 ounces of Stihl oil added per gallon to bring the mixture oil ratio up to 40:1 for my older saws, and run it at 50:1 for newer stuff.

He said he would never use the Husky premix, only will use Stihl oil in a Stihl saw, and mixes it with regular 87 octane gas (yes, with ethanol, I asked him). He said it would never spend enough time in a saw for the ethanol to make a difference. I think it would still be deteriorating the seals... No question this man knows a lot more about saws than I do, but I would never put ethanol fuel in anything but my wife's truck lol. Mine uses diesel so I don't have to worry about it.

I have seen what ethanol fuel did to a friends generator after sitting in it for a year though...

Admittedly, I'm a "weekend warrior" when it comes to my tree work, so I'm not running a crew that's burning gas all day long. If I was I would probably use the highest octane non ethanol and add the proper amount of Stihl oil to it. I also have a few Husqvarna saws as well.

I really like the fact that it has a long shelf life so it's there when you need it.

So my question is, other than the cost, is there anything not to like about Husqvarna or Stihl premix fuel in cans?

Thanks as always
I prefer Amsoil Sabre with True Fuel 4 cycle at 45 to 1

Latest posts

Back