Canned pre-mix fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy, who answers the 800 number on the TruFuel can.

Whoever that is, or what company.

Said he makes, and packages, both brands.

Philbert
Just did some digging. TrueFuel is a subsidiary of Calumet which also markets BelRay, and Royal Purple.
If Calumet actually makes and blends the stuff who knows.
The refining company I work for has an entire line of greases and Lubricants and we make none of them.

Mixing gasoline with diesel does not make diesel #1. It is a fine way to damage injection pumps and injectors though.
No it doesn't but it works fine. Don't do it if you don't like it lol. It's been working on our farm for 40+yrs and we've never rebuilt an injection pump or replaced injectors in anything we've purchased new, which is most stuff. Multiple engines with 15,000+hrs on them and no major issues. Nothing newer than the 1990 Deere 4455 gets run in the winter so the newer stuff that is more fussy doesn't get to have the same fun as the older stuff.

As far as canned fuel goes I'm going to pick up a can tomorrow and see what I think of it.

If I don't like it I'll pour it in my diesel barrel. It's about that time of year 😂

I had several pet rats as a kid and a bunch of them developed huge tumors. I have always been a little suspicious of tests on rodents.
Agreed, we should be testing on three letter agency officials epa-fda-dep and politicians who stay in office over 2 terms.

No it doesn't but it works fine. Don't do it if you don't like it lol. It's been working on our farm for 40+yrs and we've never rebuilt an injection pump or replaced injectors in anything we've purchased new, which is most stuff. Multiple engines with 15,000+hrs on them and no major issues. Nothing newer than the 1990 Deere 4455 gets run in the winter so the newer stuff that is more fussy doesn't get to have the same fun as the older stuff.

As far as canned fuel goes I'm going to pick up a can tomorrow and see what I think of it.

If I don't like it I'll pour it in my diesel barrel. It's about that time of year 😂
Blended K1 with #4 fuel oil to get out of a pinch. Old tractors run good on it just a little smoky under load. My boss blends WMO with diesel 50/50 for his equipment.

I used Trufuel for one gallon. But the Chicanic site has steered me away from it. I normally just add Sta-Bil to E10 fuel and use Amsoil Saber. No problems doing that for the last 20 years. The nearest straight gasoline location to me is 40 miles round trip and they charge $5.00/gallon.
Stabil will keep fuel from oxidizing. A similar product is added at the refinery to unstable streams. However, it will no neutralize the negative affects of athabol in regards to water absorption and corrosion.

True fuel doesn't produce fuel.
Lyondell-Basell and Phillips are the two companies that use to sell akaylate for the production of specialty fuels. VP is affiliated with L-B. I am not sure of Phillips is still in this market as they ceased selling race gas along time ago.
Calumet.

I was told that they were going to start adding tamper-evident seals on the cans, but I have not seen this yet in stores.

Can you check on the status of this via your ‘inside contact’?

Thanks!

Philbert

I should check the new stuff I just bought a couple months ago. I read reviews where people said the cans they received were only half full. I've never had that issue, but assuming the issue was caused by a cap that wasn't tight enough and temp change venting vapor, a tamper proof seal would fix that.

I should check the new stuff I just bought a couple months ago. I read reviews where people said the cans they received were only half full. I've never had that issue, but assuming the issue was caused by a cap that wasn't tight enough and temp change venting vapor, a tamper proof seal would fix that.
Not to start a rumor, but there was speculation that a small number of unscrupulous individuals, would buy a can of pre-mixed fuel, and take it back to an easy-to-return / no-questions-asked type retailer, filled with pump gas.

I have no direct knowledge of this. Could happen with any brand. Maybe less likely at a full service dealer than a ‘big box’ store?

I have seen used, dull, dirty, grungy chains returned in those clear, plastic, clamshell-type packages. The clerks take them back. I saw them at a place that sold returns and closeouts.

Tamper-evident seals on the cans would discourage some of this, or, at least give alert purchasers a ‘heads-up’.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back