Anyone use archer chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is this chain any good? It’s about 1/2 the price I’d pay at the dealers around me. I’m just looking to get a 25’ roll for now. Doing cross cut and milling

I need it for my 49” bar on my 075. They only have .050 guage in my area but haven’t checked that much. Rather buy 25’ online.

That’s a 43” bar with .050. Pretty easy to get but not so much the .063 in 3/870126E21-3F25-4A84-97BB-B7767E2AAA6D.jpeg

I just bought a couple 84 dl .50
They were just 13.21 each shipped ebay
Worth it to me I've got a few tanks
On the first one
It stretched once on the first tank
Has been good20190313_115928.jpg since
I've only cut gum,pine and poplar can't
Say how it'll do on hardwood.

I’m using 20” .404 semi chisel Archer chain for personal firewood use and it holds up well. It seems to stretch a very small amount at first but I only tighten the chain once from new then it seems to be all good. Very good for cross cutting firewood at a very reasonable price [emoji1303]

I have been through a 25 ft roll of 3/8 .050 chisel and I will be buying another. It is on par with Oregon in my opinion for a lot less money.

Where did you buy the archer .404” chain. I just picked up two 285’s and I’d like to put .404” chain on them but I need bars too.

I bought a 25' roll of 3/8 .063 full chisel full skip so that I could make chains for my 42" bar on my 066. But, sadly, I have not run it yet. So I can only hope that it works as well for me as it has for all the other folks out there using it. I think, from what I'm reading, most folks are very VERY satisfied with it for the price!

I cut timber full time and I'm about 350ft into Archer full skip in all gauges with 3/8 on a 32" bar. Overall for the price you can't beat it. I do break more tie straps then I used to but it's really not enough to make me switch back to more expensive chain.

Thanks all for the replies!I’ll get some! Doesn’t walnut cut like butter? The black walnut I’ve got is the easiest wood I’ve cut. Just don’t have the tools to brake the chain or put it together. I wanna make the press the maybe buy the spinner

I have this set from harbor freight. I bought it with a coupon despite all of negative reviews. It has worked flawless from day 1.
https://m.harborfreight.com/chain-saw-chain-breaker-spinner-99835.html

Seems like that would be hard to find an ideal location to mount?

The breaker usually is ideal with several feet on the left and a few feet on the right of it. The spinning on the edge.
The spinner handles being backward would be screwy, but that might just be because I'm used to an Oregon one.

Back