Axe restoration thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a nice little number, held off since I was shopping for my wife. One of those if i go back and its not there I'll regret it.

Phantom bevels but didn't see a maker but when(if) i get it in my hands i might find a name i couldn't see in the dim shop.

I tried out a used saw today that I bought yesterday; a Dolmar PS-510, 2015 model. 50 cc saw is my smallest saw now and the 16" bar with safety chain is hard on my back; I'm more used to 20-24" bars. The saw looks like it just came off the dealer shelf, has original chain that hasn't been sharpened. It runs great and idles perfectly. I looked online for new prices and see one for $429. He was asking $225. I offered $200 and he took it. I think it will be a great little saw.

Figured I'd run out back to the free forestry store and pick up a slew of handles. Hour or so? :)

Didn't go quite as I planned. I persisted and did end up with some usable blanks and one now even resembles a handle. I'm saving the longer ones until I feel I have a good grip on it. (No pun intended)

Latest posts

Back