Beautiful Homelite 750 added to the collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks to the heads up of another member, I added a very nice Homelite 750 to the collection tonight. It was on Craigslist and only about 10 miles from work. Other than the excellent condition, the best part is the price. He was only asking $150, and I didn't have the heart to offer him a dime less. I figured that would be an insult for what I got. It has a couple issues. The muffler is broken in half and must be replaced, the lower handle bracket is also broken, the kill switch doesn't work, and the clutch is tied up for some reason. The shoes look good, so may just be put together wrong. I rinsed the fuel tank out and it fired right up with a prime in the carb. The idle is way high though without a muffler. It seems to run great though. The guy said it was gone through and all gaskets replaced about three years ago. That would explain why it's so clean and runs. I only spent about 5-10 minutes wiping it off before shooting these pics.

IMG7389-M.jpg

IMG7391-M.jpg

IMG7400-M.jpg

IMG7401-M.jpg

IMG7393-M.jpg

IMG7398-M.jpg

IMG7394-M.jpg

IMG7395-M.jpg

Last edited:
That was good deal even with the few things you need to fix on it.

Darn nice Brad, even if it needs a few body parts. I used to know where one was hiding but last time I was there it was gone, should of, would of, could of. Oh well, nice find.

Sweet price on a very sweet saw.
Nice find Brad. There a great runner.
Down side, Some parts are very difficult
to find. Including the two parts you need.
I'm sure they will turn up at some point.

Lee

The muffler is PN A-12739-1B. I thing the handle brace is PN 12610-2C. And I think the switch PN is A-57850-A or 57650. Anyone have an IPL that's legible?

The switch is A-57650-A

The muffler is A-12739-1B

The brace is 12610-2C

Stop posting here and bringing it to the top ! Every time I come back here I get more drool in my keyboard. :wink2:
She's a beauty, Brad. Congrats ! I'll take a look to see if I can come up with any parts for you.
I'm anxious for the video.

Congrats Brad on finding a great deal on what is in my opinion one of the best running saws of all time. 12,500 wot freespeed, thin rings, 112cc's, huge carb and side chain tensioning way before stihl......Whats not to love? I may have a lower handle brace and switch. The brace might have a small crack on a piece of the lattice, but it should be pretty solid if I still have it. Plus you could brace it up further with some screen and JB wels as they are notorious for breaking even when new. Also the Mac 125 thin rings which are pretty common will fit just fine (should it need rings) with just a little grinding of the ring ends. The muffler is probably going to be a bear though. I have been looking for a while too. Good luck with it.

You got a good score there. It's a saw on my short list of saws I want to own.

Man, what a find!!! I cant wait to see some vids of it. A 750 is the last saw on my want list!

Congrats Brad on finding a great deal on what is in my opinion one of the best running saws of all time. 12,500 wot freespeed, thin rings, 112cc's, huge carb and side chain tensioning way before stihl......Whats not to love? I may have a lower handle brace and switch. The brace might have a small crack on a piece of the lattice, but it should be pretty solid if I still have it. Plus you could brace it up further with some screen and JB wels as they are notorious for breaking even when new. Also the Mac 125 thin rings which are pretty common will fit just fine (should it need rings) with just a little grinding of the ring ends. The muffler is probably going to be a bear though. I have been looking for a while too. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the offer Hoss. I really appreciate it. I might have a line on a new brace. I'll let you know if that doesn't work out. Sorry to hear that about the muffler. Looks like I'll be needing a good welder.

Of all the saws I ran at my GTG, Chris's 750 took the cake...:rock:

I also know a pretty good welder/metal guy if you need help with the muffler....;)

Latest posts

Back