Holzfforma FF541R trimmer review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fields_mj

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I picked up a new Holzfforma FF541R trimmer a couple of months ago for the specific purpose of running a brush blade on it (9" forester blade with chainsaw teeth). Took about 10 minutes to assemble the machine after opening the box. Filled it with fuel and it fired right up. It seemed a little lethargic for a 40cc trimmer, so I added an additional 3/8" hole to the muffler to provide better "ventilation". That fixed the throttle response :) The machine comes with a decent harness, and what looks like a miniature lawnmower blade which I have not used. The weekend before last, I was finally able get out and use it on some asian honey suckle. It did great. The first half of the day I was going through a combination of multiflora rose and honeysuckle. The second half of the day I was in an area that only had large honey suckle bushes (small trees might be a better description). The machine had plenty of power for the blade. Anything smaller than 2" is zipped through instantly without much more than a blip in the RPM. There were a few small trees that were laying in the way, and the machine had no problem maintaining the RPM for a longer/deeper cut. I fully understand that this is a disposable machine, but for $206 to my door on a tool that I'm only going to use 4 or 5 days a year, I'm extremely satisfied with it.

Back