Best saw build under $1000 for firewood cutting saw enthusiast?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you didn't put a price and wanted me to call, not a fan of high pressure sales, not a big fan of Stihl, as much work as you listed you put into I figured you would to proud of it.
Would you elaborate how a pm to call so that one could explain all that was put into saw with receipts to back up, so a potential buyer would know what he was getting would be considered high pressure?

not a fan of high pressure sales,
Are you a paranoid-schizophrenic ? Anytime I buy a saw I like to talk via phone call to get a feel for the seller. Met a lot of good people this way! How can a man possibly hundreds of miles from you pressure you into buying anything? You think if he holds a gun to the reciever he could just rob you? Your a hoot!:laughing::dumb:

I see posts on the husqvarna 372... I like my 372's pretty well. No real complaints... not quite as much as I like the stihl ms460's I have judging from the use I have on them. Personal preference IMO.
The saws are pretty comparable in capability.
Easy to work on, reliable, decent power, and I picked up most of my saws for a very good price used.
It is a hard saw to beat for Cutting firewood for.

That's kinda the point I'm making. If you ask for opinions on a particular saw, you'll get 10 responses. Ask how that saw stacks up to a 372, you'll get 100 responses, good or bad. Like them or not, they were in production for a lot of years and most chainsaw guys are familiar with them.

May I ask why you want 80cc for firewood?
To me, that's a lotta saw for firewood............
My MS460 is a handful of saw for firewood and it noodles like a champ.
Well it matters were you live. I've used 084 and 088 for bucking sap ladin western larch firewood, it was right a 5 foot in diameter. Most firewood I cut here in the pnw is doug fir in the 28 to 42 inch range which the 395 works perfect for.

I see posts on the husqvarna 372... I like my 372's pretty well. No real complaints... not quite as much as I like the stihl ms460's I have judging from the use I have on them. Personal preference IMO.
The saws are pretty comparable in capability.
Easy to work on, reliable, decent power, and I picked up most of my saws for a very good price used.
It is a hard saw to beat for Cutting firewood for.

Ya I feel as though my 461 is a better saw than a 372 as well, however I give the edge to the 372 cause it's almost as capable and can be had for a bit less money used and then sold for usually the same money you bought it for. Plus Husky made a bajillion of them so they are wildly popular and easy to find used and parts for them.

Horsepower for dollar spent would be tough to beat that deal on a Husqvarna 390 or even a well kept 394xp and they are simple and reliable, but if youre looking for a wow factor i think the 572xp is it, so far havent had any starting issues and its built like a tank, heavy like a 80cc saw, cuts real strong with 24" bar, and great air filtration system. I have no experience with the Echo you listed or the 7900 but i used to have the 6400, nice solid saw but heavy.

Oh good grief. I already said it looked nice. Been around the world A day or two. I don't care for " call for price" sorry, don't take it personal. What did your want out of it anyways? Just saw the list of stuff you put in it sounded expensive.
What difference to you does it matter what he was asking for the saw? Your previous post speak just the opposite.

Back