Best Yard Cart?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brwndg

Reaction score
I am looking for a new yard cart to pull behind the ATV and haul rounds & splits.

Anybody have a good one that they use or know of I'd appreciate the tip.
Thanks,
Tim

if your yard isn't steep , a trailer large enough to load the quad on is about perfect and can serve dual purpose behind the car or truck.

a trailer with springs rides better than a yard cart

if you have steep ground however a small trailer can be to much weight then again so can a yard cart.

the weight limit on yard carts is kind of pathetic also

it doesn't take long at all to get 500 pounds of wood

I have one of the single axle one of those, 1400 lbs. I like it

Ohhhhhh, Daddy likey!! Those are some nice carts. My yard is relatively steep going down the wood where I cut my rounds. Need something just like this to haul them back up to the shed where I split.
Thanks for the link!

That’s a bummer. This one is definitely not light duty for a 4 wheeler trailer. It weighs almost 400#. Id love to have flat free tires but they’re pneumatic. I did have one that wouldn’t hold air when I bought it and bannon sent me a new tire and wheel. Thankfully I haven’t had any trouble with them since.

menards had this on sale (11% discount) last week - "can" be used with an ATV but says 5mph limit ;-) I just use it by hand, but thought I would bring it up if you are looking for cheap...
https://www.menards.com/main/outdoo...200-lb-steel-cart/gor1201/p-1538548474002.htm

it is not great but it was close to $100.
I cannot weld one up and buy good bearings for $100 so I will not ***** about it too much.
you get what you pay for. good enough to haul firewood.

I had one similar and I thought it was pretty light duty and the expanded sheet metal on the sides got bent up real fast when tossing splits into it. Stay away from pneumatic tires if you can. Flat free tires are the only way to go.
I figured the expanded metal wouldn't hold up to throwing fire wood in it so I covered the bottom with 1/2'' plywood.

I figured the expanded metal wouldn't hold up to throwing fire wood in it so I covered the bottom with 1/2'' plywood.

Mine is a decent cart for light duty work, Mine may be a cheaper version. Mine will hold a full load of splits without any trouble. I still use it occasionally.

It would be great if someone made a wagon or trailer for an atv with electric brakes and a brake controller for the atv.

going down the hill was always the issue you could haul a lot more than you could stop.

Master cylinder, hydraulic system (brakes),cost prohibitive unless you do it yourself.Basically, your tow vehicle slows down,tongue has hydraulic actuator, pushes fluid against the calipers.Boat trailers,U-haul trailers have them,just look.
IMHO I'd NEVER have a trailer with electric brakes thats being used in a timber setting.Bad things happen to wires even if they're protected.
NOW,that being said,people thinking it's ok to pull overloaded with tractor, ATV,UTV (on your private property ),I don't need or want to get into public roadways,IT'S ILLEGAL,that think they should really worry what happens if you pull a hill and load is trying to pull you backwards.
Lost a friend 15 years ago.
Hauling corn from his field to the grain bin .Don't remember what tractor he had,but pulled a gravity flow grain cart.HEAVY,field road getting back to bin
Came to a hill,halfway up tractor started to loose traction, spinning, tractor couldn't hold the loaded cart,rolled backwards,jack-knifed,killed him.
2nd week into his retirement ...
Be careful with heavy loads

I suggested electric brakes because you would have the ability to pulse the brakes to do all your slowing down so you could keep ahead of the trailer so it wouldn't run you over. but true your trusting a wire with your life.

our family is active in county 4-H and we have unfortunately lost 4 youth to tractor or other farm related accidents in about the last 10 years , it is a real danger hills and tractors.

loose someone to a quad rollover every few years in the county it seems also I just haven't know them.

I would look at the Country Manufacturing units. I had the dual axle 2500 lb cart. Wish I hadn’t sold it. They have a walking beam design, so one side can independently go over a rock or stump without the cart tipping. Very nice feature if you plan to be in the woods at all. They also have nice big tires. Reasonably priced and the quality is pretty decent for the money. The only features I didn’t care for was the dump angle was way too shallow to be effective (37 degrees I believe) and the roller bearings they use on the axles are not common or easy to find.

Latest posts

Back