Looking for a ATV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew15

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys so first i don't even know if this is the right forum for this but whatever. So i wanna start a little project. I really wanna buy a atv just to go around my propriety and for the overall: Andrew go to the store and get something!. But i don't have the budget for a really good four-wheeler and there is this 7th grader in my town and i have a good relation with him and he has a 125 cc atv that doesn't start and he is looking to seel it for really cheap.Like- my husqvarna 120 mk 2 was more expensive than this atv. And the thing is that he is pretty whealty and when he noticed that atv doesn't start no more hid dad just got him another one. Now it doesn't start but since he did climbed mountains with it i doubt i can't repair it with some youtube tutorials and my basic engine working knowledge..Plus i belive it will be good to have such an experience because its nice to know you can take care of your own stuff ya know? (btw the closest store to my house is 4 km away and i have to walk there so its a 8 km way going and coming back)
So what do you think? Is it worth it? Btw i will go to his house when i think im ready and inspect it so il know if it needs a new engine :reading: He wants 900 RON for it or 200 usd and since its been just sitting i doubt it needs too much work.Now, from the pictures it definetly needs a cleaning and some new tires but nothing major.
atv 3.jpg
atv 1.jpg

Atv 2.jpg

That's just a cheap Chinese atv. Not worth fixing up. That's why his dad got him another instead of fixing it.

I'd offer him about 50 bucks for it.
Good to know..Finally someone replied. I think ill save up and buy something worth my money

Yeah..could you tell me like a prince range in which i can find a decent atv? I say decent because i have some knowledge on how to repair it so it doesn't have to be perfect.. ? In mean..how much we talking for a 300 cc one? Do you think i can find something good in the 800 USD range? Or even something more expensive like a 1000 USD one? Again it doesn't have to be factory perfect.

Pass on it. I wouldn’t give a dime for it. That’s not an insult but just me keeping my money in my pocket versus having a piece of junk sitting in my yard.

Yeah..could you tell me like a prince range in which i can find a decent atv? I say decent because i have some knowledge on how to repair it so it doesn't have to be perfect.. ? In mean..how much we talking for a 300 cc one? Do you think i can find something good in the 800 USD range? Or even something more expensive like a 1000 USD one? Again it doesn't have to be factory perfect.

Prices here in the USA will vary greatly. Best price though, will be buying from a private owner vs. a shop.

Take your time and keep an eye out for a good used one. They do exist! Maybe visit some shops and see what theirs are selling for. I'd think that for $1K USD, you could find one that will fit your needs. Then again, I'm not at all familiar with the European market.

I think the biggest thing is you are in Romania and most of us on here are not going to have any idea if that is a good deal or not for your area.

Yeah...here people are greedy....Some will sell a ATV for 2000 USD even though it has problems and expect you to buy it and fix them. That's why id rather buy a cheaper one, spot the problems and repair it progressively ya know?

well if you could check and see if this one has compression I wouldn't be scared to buy it and fix it up slowly.

That's what im talking about. Before buying one im definitely gonna check the one i want before buying it. Just a basic inspection

Fair point

Yeah...here people are greedy....Some will sell a ATV for 2000 USD even though it has problems and expect you to buy it and fix them. That's why id rather buy a cheaper one, spot the problems and repair it progressively ya know?
I see that here in Canada too! Prices went out to lunch when Covid hit. Back in 2009 I bought an Arctic Cat 300 4x4 with 400 miles on it for 2300 CDN which was at the time on par with USD. I still have it and with what some guys are asking for atv’s, I can easily get my money back. It has 1300 miles on it now. It doesn’t get used much anymore since my son moved to another province for work.

Yeah..its the same with cars too....my uncle bough a Audi A4 from 2003 for 2000 Euros with like 300.000 plus km on it..Like-Some people even have the nerve to hide probelms with their cars just to sell it for a higher price... I mean bro..WHY? I've found a guy selling a STIHL ms 391 that won't start for 2000 RON....Thats the price for a brand new 251....

Yeah, i've decided im gonna save up for something worth my money. Not some 7th grader's junk. Also. you are right. I found a guy selling atv for like 4000 EURO. I mean.it might be worth it but that's the price of a well kept car.

Yeah, i've decided im gonna save up for something worth my money. Not some 7th grader's junk. Also. you are right. I found a guy selling atv for like 4000 EURO. I mean.it might be worth it but that's the price of a well kept car.
Do you have Kymco products over there? It’s a well known scooter, motorcycle and ATV manufacturer in Taiwan. Kymco actually builds some Arctic Cat models marketed in North America.

Do you have Kymco products over there? It’s a well known scooter, motorcycle and ATV manufacturer in Taiwan. Kymco actually builds some Arctic Cat models marketed in North America.
Hey man i actually found some scooters and atv's and they seem affordable enough. Thanks for the recommendation!

I've had a couple of those china quads for my kids. My oldest's quad lasted 14 years and ran like new when I sold it. My daughter's had ~10 years on it when I sold it and ran like new. I had to work on them but they're simple to work on and cheap to fix. Usually either a carb issue or cdi issue. Both are in the $10-20 range to replace.

Latest posts

Back