suggestion for catching a squirrel.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The squirrels aren't too bad around here, I have managed to keep them out of the garden by using chicken wire for a perimeter.
They love the bird feeders though too, I just pick them off with my .22 air rifle

The real trouble I have here is moles. Anyone know how to deal with them?
"The real trouble I have here is moles. Anyone know how to deal with them?"

Got moles? Get some 2 1/2" steel flex pipe for your local auto parts store. About 5' should be plenty. Put one end in the run and the other end on your tail pipe. Start your engine. Just let it idle for about 30 min. Moles gone. See how easy that was? :cool: OT

"The real trouble I have here is moles. Anyone know how to deal with them?"

Got moles? Get some 2 1/2" steel flex pipe for your local auto parts store. About 5' should be plenty. Put one end in the run and the other end on your tail pipe. Start your engine. Just let it idle for about 30 min. Moles gone. See how easy that was? :cool: OT
Yep, these work like magic. now they kill them. if yer one of them PETA types then you don't want these.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...8fMa6FmGPTrNZAzwDGqcDuob8Mrjrn_RoCQ20QAvD_BwE

My squirrel comitted suicide. Found him ran over at the end of the driveway. Drove around the curve and found a dead deer splattered in the road. Looks like the local drivers are taking care of my varmit problems

The squirrels aren't too bad around here, I have managed to keep them out of the garden by using chicken wire for a perimeter.
They love the bird feeders though too, I just pick them off with my .22 air rifle

The real trouble I have here is moles. Anyone know how to deal with them?

Moles are generally beneficial to the garden and lawns. Most lawn enthusiasts hate 'em for the tunnels, but they loosen up the soil and eat the grubworms and earthworms.

I seldom see dead grass where they tunnel, so just keep pressing the tunnels down and be happy that they are getting rid of the grubworms that are eating your roots.

Apart from that comment that you probably didn't want to hear, they aren't too hard to trap. Best method: walk down all the paths, then get up real early in the morning, and then watch the paths real carefully. When you see the path being raised again, run up on it from the exposed side and stick it with a pitchfork.

Really, though, they are pretty harmless creatures. They churn and mix the soil beneath the lawn, and that usually makes for a better lawn in the long run.

shave up some Irish Spring soap. I did nothing bad to snow peas, taste was fine. whatever was eating them left for good.

Latest posts

Back