• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Bigbore! 1963 275 Canadien,125cc,complete,extras

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trappermike

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This saw is in good shape and complete. There are new rings and a very good piston.(Larger diameter than 090).This saw has a removable head,cast cyl. sleeve,and 6 transfer ports.I also have a modern electronic ignition module for it to replace points if desired. I also have a copy of a service manual with photos for this saw.Some extra spare parts(Like a con rod with bearings assy) also. Bore-67mm,Stroke35mm. Not Cheap!
[email protected] or message here.

I have only 2 photos of the model,one is an image,the other a photo from one in Australia.
There are full specs of it on Mike Acres site on old models,under PM Canadien 275(Power Machine).My own info says they were built by Bristol Aero Industries in Vancouver B.C. Mine has not strayed far from it's birthplace,I found this saw here,I'm about an hour from Vancouver. It was possibly a prominent saw cutting the big coastal timber here in the 60's...
I always wanted one after I examined the remains of one in a bucket many years ago,so when I found this one intact and in good shape I was thrilled.

Attachments

• Canadien1.gif
    Canadien1.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Canadien2.jpg
    Canadien2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 180
No,I never photographed it when I bought it,(When did you last photograph your lawnmower?)and now it rests quietly in a box,diassembled for the last 10 or more years.I tore it down to inspect the bottom end,found some new and used spare parts for it,but have never restored it. Of course I can dig it all out and spread it out across a table and take photos for someone who wants to buy it but I won't be doing that for general amusement sake...

No,I never photographed it when I bought it,(When did you last photograph your lawnmower?)and now it rests quietly in a box,diassembled for the last 10 or more years.I tore it down to inspect the bottom end,found some new and used spare parts for it,but have never restored it. Of course I can dig it all out and spread it out across a table and take photos for someone who wants to buy it but I won't be doing that for general amusement sake...

Mike,

So what you are saying is you are wanting to sell a saw that has been disassembled for 10 years or more? Just want to make sure I am reading your posts correctly as I sure did not read the first one correctly if the later is correct

This saw is in good shape and complete. There are new rings and a very good piston.(Larger diameter than 090).This saw has a removable head,cast cyl. sleeve,and 6 transfer ports.I also have a modern electronic ignition module for it to replace points if desired. I also have a copy of a service manual with photos for this saw.Some extra spare parts(Like a con rod with bearings assy) also. Bore-67mm,Stroke35mm. Not Cheap!
[email protected] or message here.

I bolded the part of your first post that seems to be confusing people. If the saw is in "good shape and complete" most people would read that to mean assembled and working. You've stated separately that it's disassembled and in boxes. If that is the case you are probably best served trying to sell it as a parts saw or project. If you want top dollar you'd best assemble and prove your opening statement with pics and video.

Most times something like this is trying to be sold it will usually come with pictures, you would probably have better luck with pictures and a better discription.

Most times something like this is trying to be sold it will usually come with pictures, you would probably have better luck with pictures and a better discription.

Well I believe this says it all

QUOTE="trappermike, post: 5543103, member: 66439"]No,I never photographed it when I bought it,.............................and now it rests quietly in a box,diassembled for the last 10 or more years.....................[/QUOTE]

Those mufflers are the coolest!! Beam me up Scotty...
I wonder if one would fit a 275 Canadien,I don't have a muffler for mine. Do you have a spare you would part with??:msp_sad:

Seller posted on 1/23/12 in the thread "Amoeba-mind meets the Canadien 270" that he did not have a muffler for his 275. It seems the plot thickens...

At one time he was looking for a piston as well. It seems that his current description does not mesh with his prior posts.

I'll sure help you out with your Canadien,right now I'm trying to get a piston for my 275,I've been waiting for 10 years to restore it into a exhibition(Just for show) hot saw,I have pipes and a perfect race carb and everything else.
I will be checking in Victoria for a guy who used to have brand new Canadien parts,used to work at the factory,it's a long shot...
The saw in my avatar is a full race 090 I built in 1986.View attachment 219102View attachment 219103

Back