Boom options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miko0618

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am interested in hearing feedback on portable lifts. I currently have a bucket truck which i am looking to retire. Looking at used trucks it seems like they are bringing a lot of money. Almost to the point that I would just buy new for the piece of mind. My bucket is run probably 15 hours a week. I do mostly residential removals. I actually think a spider lift type would gain me a lot more access than my bucket truck. I could position it in places with my tractor if i had to. Anyway, I live in PA so a 70' lift would be ideal. Just curious if they make a lift that would be suitable for tree removal. And is there any cons to them over a bucket truck? One of my concerns would be durability. Not that I would use it to rig or whatever but what if it gets hit? Cause i do hit my truck and boom at times. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to figure out how long it would take to get your ROI (return on investment)

Is that your price range? 100k?

I would replace my truck with that so I would think it would be worth it. For trucks 12-15 years old with 100,000 miles they are asking $50,000. That seems like a poor investment over a new one. Plus my bank won't finance commercial equipment over 10 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back