Buckingham Tree Squeeze

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a few for a few guys to try, It seems like a good product for many applications.
About $200 each, I want to get just a few and have certain guys try it. We have about 22 climbers so that would be expensive unless it is as useful as it seems.
Just wondering if any of you have used it or are using it and your opinions of it.
Thanks, Jeff

I havent tried that one yet, but I have something identical. Its really nice for repelling on spar poles and great tool for rescue applications.
I find it hard to retrieve off a spar pole sometimes because the larger ring is being pulled into the trunk and wont let the knot through.
A cheaper alternative would be buying a prusik ring to add onto existing friction savers(if your climbers already have them)

I was considering one.

The only thing I think it could offer over a regular AFS is being stiffer and easier to flip.

We removed 28 aspens from a property this week. I would have used this multiple times. Can't trust poplar branches. We double loop our lanyards around the trunk to get the same effect, like when pulling the top off.
We make sure to separate rigging gear from life support gear. Color coding. (They talk about rigging with it on their promotional video). Would have to coach guys not to use mine as a rigging device.

Do they use an adjustable right now or just a standard flipline?

Seems like they'll work pretty well. They look stiff in the videos.

I use one very similar for linework and like it a lot. As someone mentioned it works similar to doubling up a lanyard. Probably a bit faster. definitely more secure when you gaff out or have to really lay out to reach something. It’s a little cumbersome at first but once you get the hang of it, it’s just as quick.

Back