Sena 33i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corax87

Reaction score
Hello there, my first post on the site. Does anyone have familiarity with the Sena 33i intercom pod? Specifically I'm wondering if the antenna is as problematic for climbing as it looks. I haven't been able to get an easy straight answer from Treestuff or Sena so I thought I'd throw it out to the group. From how it's advertised it sounds possibly a lot less finnicky than the earlier generations, but I also don't want to invest in something that depends on a fragile antenna. I know it's designed for motorcycle application, but it seems to be marketed for tree care by a few companies. Any information appreciated!

Hello there, my first post on the site. Does anyone have familiarity with the Sena 33i intercom pod? Specifically I'm wondering if the antenna is as problematic for climbing as it looks. I haven't been able to get an easy straight answer from Treestuff or Sena so I thought I'd throw it out to the group. From how it's advertised it sounds possibly a lot less finnicky than the earlier generations, but I also don't want to invest in something that depends on a fragile antenna. I know it's designed for motorcycle application, but it seems to be marketed for tree care by a few companies. Any information appreciated!
I've had multiple Sena units and found them too delicate for tree work, bought some Stihl comms units and haven't had any problems in the 9 months of owning them. Some of the Senas' lasted 3 weeks, I'm not familiar with the model you're asking about but if it was originally designed for motorcycle comms I wouldn't touch them.

Even if marketed to tree folks, motorcycle tech isn't always the most durable for rugged climbing conditions.

the sena's hold up fine minus the tiny little wires

if you break them, you are doing something seriously wrong, ive had the same 3 for a few years now, other than minor connection issues they are great

I should also mention, ive dropped mine 70+ feet once when a top tore my helmet off, sena still works to this day 2 years later

Latest posts

Back