Echo CS-7310 - Bar & Chain Questions (?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl Sharp

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello all, how are you all doing....
Well, i`m new to this forum guys, but i`m not new to chainsaws. I`m just an old guy that just fells some trees, cuts my own firewood for heating.

I have a few questions about the bars & chains on the Echo CS-7310 saw. (i use to be a Stihl guy, but i just didnt want to pay the Stihl high premiums anymore)

My Echo CS-7310 came with the 20" bar, and the .058 gauge chain right from my local dealer. You can buy this saw with either the .058, or the .050 gauge chains. I had to buy the only saw they had left in stock, so the choice of bar & chain just wasn`t available for me when i bought the last one they had. These Echo CS-7310 saws are hard to find locally (they sell these CS-7310`s the minute they come in the door), and it is the saw i wanted, so i was pretty lucky to get, this one.

With all the bars and chains out there on the market today, i`m a little confused about the reasons people would use the .058 vs .050 gauge bar & chains. I`ve always used the .050 gauge for years. It seems to me, that the .050 is alot more readily available (in my local area), much easier to find vs the .058 gauge, especially for THIS particular saw. So if you folks don`t mind, could you help me understand some things here?

I would like to put the 28" bar on this saw. But i find conflicting information as to what mount the bar has on it. Is it the D009 mounting? Or not. If not, what is it (?)

Would i have to buy a different clutch sprocket if i go from the .058 to the .050 chain? Would there be a good reason to stay with the .058 chain on this saw?

Which brand and type of bar would i want for this saw. I see so many bars out there, its hard to know what works good for this saw for my own application. (i cut ALOT of red & white oak, hard maple, and black walnut, and cherry) Every time i look into a bar to buy, one guys says it`s the best, another guy says its junk. I live on a extremely tight income now, so money really is an issue most of the time for me now. I would like to do this just once and not have to keep throwing money i dont have, into it. I`m sure i will have other questions pop up from time to time because i`m kinda new to the Echo brand chainsaws.

Thanks folks, i really do appreciate any guidance you may be able to offer.

According to oregon bar chart, it says D009 (large Husqvarna mount). You will not have to change drive sprockets to change chain gauge(only pitch). I agree about the 050. I see no need for 058. Don't even know why they make it. If it fits your budget, a tsumura light weight bar would be ideal for you. They are significantly lighter than a solid bar . They are very good bars.

According to oregon bar chart, it says D009 (large Husqvarna mount). You will not have to change drive sprockets to change chain gauge(only pitch). I agree about the 050. I see no need for 058. Don't even know why they make it. If it fits your budget, a tsumura light weight bar would be ideal for you. They are significantly lighter than a solid bar . They are very good bars.
Thanks ammoaddict, your post was very helpful. Everything you stated is what i was thinking. I was liking the Tumura bar until a couple people told me they blew out the nose sprockets in theirs. (another person said they bend to easy) Makes we wonder sometime what these people do with their saws to bend a bar, and to blow out the nose sprocket on them, lol. I`ve been cutting wood for 50 years, and i`ve NEVER once blew out a nose sprocket, or burned one up. I`ve never bent a bar either. As for the Tsumura bar, i`m trying to find a good deal on a 28" light bar if i can. Do you know of place with a decent price? Cheapest one i`ve found is $130 dollars, plus tax & shipping. That`s alot of money, to me. (fixed income :()

What is you folks opinion on those Sugihara guide bars (?)

EDIT: ammaoadict answered the question. That`s good enough to know, for me. Thanks buddie

What is you folks opinion on those Sugihara guide bars (?)

I see quite a few of those out there on saws. Someone had told me that the CS-7310P started out with these guide bars right out of the Echo factory with the Sugihara bar on the saw. I don`t know if thats true or not, just what i`ve been told.

I think Sugi did make some of the echo pro bars.

I have two tsumura bars, 18 and 20". both have been great, granted they see limited use. I got mine from archerplus. I've heard those things you mentioned about Sugihara bars but not tsumura. Good luck on your search sir.
I see archerplus on ebay and on amazon. Seems like a legit seller. Prices aren`t to bad either.

I see archerplus on ebay and on amazon. Seems like a legit seller. Prices aren`t to bad either.
Archerplus is the US or Midwest distributor for Tsumura. They’re legit.
Tsumuras are known to have a slightly weak nose if you bore cut a lot. I have 3 or 4 and haven’t had issues myself, but I did blow out a nose on someone else’s 32” Tsu on a 395 while bucking his firewood. And he bore cuts every tree he drops. I think you’ll be fine using it for personal use on a 7310. And D009 is correct.
As far as chain gauge, .058 is a Husky thing, but lately they are going to .050 as well. I’d go with whatever gauge bar your chain retailer carries your size loops in. Just make sure they have your gauge in 93DL for your D009 Husky mount bar, as the stihl 28” is 91DL

Archerplus is the US or Midwest distributor for Tsumura. They’re legit.
Tsumuras are known to have a slightly weak nose if you bore cut a lot. I have 3 or 4 and haven’t had issues myself, but I did blow out a nose on someone else’s 32” Tsu on a 395 while bucking his firewood. And he bore cuts every tree he drops. I think you’ll be fine using it for personal use on a 7310. And D009 is correct.
As far as chain gauge, .058 is a Husky thing, but lately they are going to .050 as well. I’d go with whatever gauge bar your chain retailer carries your size loops in. Just make sure they have your gauge in 93DL for your D009 Husky mount bar, as the stihl 28” is 91DL
Thank you, good info.

Yes i have to agree on the .050 gauge. All the dealers in my local area all stock .050 gauge.
I`ve yet to find any bar over 20 inches locally. Every place would gladly order what i need though.

I found a 28" Tsumura (light) .050 gauge bar online for $120.
But the shipping rate is ridiculous. (they want $30 bucks for shipping. And sales tax too!)

No sir, i do not bore cut. Not that i never have, its just that most of my cutting doesn`t really require me to do bore cuts.
Biggest tree`s on average for me is around 2 to 3 foot in diameter max. To a pro logger, that`s nothing. To me, that`s about as big as i want to cut anymore.

GB makes great bars.

Don't know who carries them? Left Coast Suppiles used to be a go to, good people/prices.

This was for 3/8 picco/lo pro milling stuff, that PMX chain is X3 at Baileys. Even with shipping was cheap, should have spent 5X and saved shipping/stocked up...

1 left coast.png

I have bought a lot of archer chain. Mostly for my vintage saws because it's very affordable 404 063. I bought 25' roll of chain for under 100$ and made a chain for my 43" and 36" nos Windsor bars. I have also bought quite a few loops of LP and 3/8 chain. Seems decent.

Latest posts

Back