7310 Owners, still happy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Msrp in Canada for the 7310 is north of 1300.00 cad. Betcha they sell almost none. All of Echo's prices have gone up significantly. That's not gonna fly here in the west. They don't exist in professional's hands at this point. They are not seen as a professional tool here. Why would they? They don't even offer heat, which is required by many/all. Get with the program Echo!

Anyway, I like my 590. I have no illusions about it being a professional platform, but it is the best 60cc farm saw, imo. I bought it as a good saw for the price (at the time). I certainly wouldn't pay what they want for them now.

I don't know a thing about the 7310, but from what I've read it is not worth the same or more money than the "competition".

PS, the 590 is all about torque. It has similar torque to an ms362 but then it has no top end as it signs off early. It handles only ok. Its antivibe is only ok. Its choke knob is too long. Its carburetor is a little flaky in the tuning department. Its air filter gets dirty fast and needs a user mod to keep trash out of the intake, and a few other nigling things. But it is a decent powersaw, especially at the old pricing.

You haven’t learned from this site, how to parrot information about modding saws, and how Echo’s have no torque?

Probably why you run an Echo. Bet you own a home too? Laughable!

You should know that Stihl engines run on saw fines, so that air filter on your 7310 just plain out sucks! That’s just about everyone’s opinion, and about all I’ve heard about it.
LOL, yeah, i guess some people been sniffin to much gas & oil. I`m plenty happy with both the Echo`s i have. My 7310 runs perfectly fine, for me. And i`ve never owned a saw that the air filter stays as clean as it does on this 7310. So i`m not quite sure why a member in here would say that it sucks, and then, not give an answer to how he made it better. All credibility went out the window with that statement with his answer, "No".

Haven't ran it for years or very often for that matter, but I got a 7310 that I've ported and run a 25"& 36" bar with no issues, limbing or fully buried.

The Anti-Vibe makes it smooth running and haven't been able to feel that much of a weight difference between the 7310 & 500i.

Mad3400

7310 is the best air filter system in the industry, I thought that was undisputed. Not sure about the other commends in this thread 🙄

Second that, forgot to mention how impressed I was with the stock Air Filtration system.

Mad3400

LOL, yeah, i guess some people been sniffin to much gas & oil. I`m plenty happy with both the Echo`s i have. My 7310 runs perfectly fine, for me. And i`ve never owned a saw that the air filter stays as clean as it does on this 7310. So i`m not quite sure why a member in here would say that it sucks, and then, not give an answer to how he made it better. All credibility went out the window with that statement with his answer, "No".
Wasn't looking to please you or gain any "credits" from a site filled with followers.

The 7310 is a dog in stock form. Was that plain enough for you?

Not agreeing with the masses isn't on my radar anymore.

Wasn't looking to please you or gain any "credits" from a site filled with followers.

The 7310 is a dog in stock form. Was that plain enough for you?

Not agreeing with the masses isn't on my radar anymore.
I just asked a simple question, that is all. You skirted around the question i asked, so i`ll not bother you anymore.

Have a good day

I just asked a simple question, that is all. You skirted around the question i asked, so i`ll not bother you anymore.

Have a good day
I didn't skirt anything.
You didn't like or agree with the answer you received. Get over it.

Just spoke with the owner of the 7310. He agrees it was turd out of the box. That is coming from a guy with 30 years in at his woodlot just bucking and probably owned or used just about every saw manufacturer around. He did ask about getting more 600SXs ported and some mods on another new 7310 this winter. Still raves about the 501SXH and how it cuts so much better ported compared to the 492 with mods. Those filters are also crap in mesh.

Don't let the door hit ya.

7310 is the best air filter system in the industry, I thought that was undisputed. Not sure about the other commends in this thread 🙄
Its been undisputed, with exception to a very few that refuse to accept it. Haters are just gonna hate.

We added a CS-7310 to the line-up couple of years ago. Three of us here heat with outdoor boilers so thru a good bit of wood. We've been cutting and burning firewood nearly 50 years so have a LOT of experience with a wide range of saws. The 7310 went to my brother, got a great price on it. I ran it some here to fine tune the carb after removing the "goofy" limiter screw caps. Didn't put enough time on it to qualify it as a home-run or not but for sure it is NOT a "turd". My brother has a dozen saws including a 372XP and says the 7310 is close to it but not quite as strong. He runs carbide chains so it becomes difficult to evaluate engine power and cutting performance as they just don't eat like stock type chains, but for sure stay sharp a LOT longer in the dirty skidded tops and logs that we typically deal with here.

The CS-7310 has been doing fine but took a dump a few days ago so I've got it apart right now and parts ordered to see if I can get it running again. Hopefully somewhere between a new fuel line and a carb kit will get it back in operation. Has plenty of spark, starts and runs if I put a little fuel into the intake, but runs out of fuel and dies out after a few seconds. At one point I had it running about a minute then it leaned out and stalled, so hopefully the parts I'm replacing will do the trick......

I have nothing good or bad to say about the echo just that you might want to get a larger saw as 10cc's is not that big of jump

I would rather see a 90cc pro saw from Echo. The 7310 is already 74.5cc`s. So a 80cc saw wouldn`t really make much sense for them to do...yes/no?

In fact they make 120cc saws but you can't buy them here thanks to the EPA.
Forum member "robinwood" will ship you one from Indonesia for a reasonable price.
Echo CS-1201
I’ve been quite interested in the 1201, just haven’t good ready to pull the trigger. Definitely a monster saw with manual oiler. I know I could just look it up easily but, what bar mount are they using on that saw, 176? Sure would be better if it were D009 or something more universal. Seems like I remember it being 176. ?

I’ve been quite interested in the 1201, just haven’t good ready to pull the trigger. Definitely a monster saw with manual oiler. I know I could just look it up easily but, what bar mount are they using on that saw, 176? Sure would be better if it were D009 or something more universal. Seems like I remember it being 176. ?
I’m pretty sure the 1201 takes the large mount 3002 Stihl bars

Back