Echo CS-7310 - Bar & Chain Questions (?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought a lot of archer chain. Mostly for my vintage saws because it's very affordable 404 063. I bought 25' roll of chain for under 100$ and made a chain for my 43" and 36" nos Windsor bars. I have also bought quite a few loops of LP and 3/8 chain. Seems decent.
What kind of consistency are see on the Archer LP 375?

Archerplus is great to deal with. Excellent customer service. I've bought several things from them. Happy with every purchase.
I would have said that until recently. I have now had two bars that have not held up. The second of the two barely used and has twist from heel to tip. Ongoing discussion with ArcherPlus about replacing it. Not cooperative nor timely. Doubt I source them again.

I would have said that until recently. I have now had two bars that have not held up. The second of the two barely used and has twist from heel to tip. Ongoing discussion with ArcherPlus about replacing it. Not cooperative nor timely. Doubt I source them again.
I wonder if someone else is managing it now. The guy I used to deal with was excellent.

Archerplus is great to deal with. Excellent customer service. I've bought several things from them. Happy with every purchase.

I wonder if someone else is managing it now. The guy I used to deal with was excellent.
Been exchanging emails with them for weeks. Bought the bar through eBay. No help provided by eBay as I did not use the bar and discover the defect until after the 30 day window. I have a lot of chainsaws. Ironically, today I get an email from the guy that owns the distribution site in Minnesota that sells under the name of ArcherPlus on eBay. His name is GLEN KARNES. Impossible to get a phone number for the distribution center, all via email. I know other people sell Archer branded items, more than just this guy. Ugly experience, sorry to say. Guy I cut with today just bought an Archer chain. Bet he does not buy any bars from ArcherPlus now.

Been exchanging emails with them for weeks. Bought the bar through eBay. No help provided by eBay as I did not use the bar and discover the defect until after the 30 day window. I have a lot of chainsaws. Ironically, today I get an email from the guy that owns the distribution site in Minnesota that sells under the name of ArcherPlus on eBay. His name is GLEN KARNES. Impossible to get a phone number for the distribution center, all via email. I know other people sell Archer branded items, more than just this guy. Ugly experience, sorry to say. Guy I cut with today just bought an Archer chain. Bet he does not buy any bars from ArcherPlus now.

I hate you are having this experience. I haven't ordered anything from them recently but my prior experiences have been great. However I have never gotten anything from them that I tried to return. I hope they make it right.

I see archerplus on ebay and on amazon. Seems like a legit seller. Prices aren`t to bad either.

The chain may be pretty good, but I do not recommend the Archer bars. I have had two 20" on a mid-sized saw. The first maybe 20 hours before scrapped. The second twisted nose to tail, bought from ArcherPlus via eBay. Seller did not stand behind the quality of the bar despite minimal usage. Distributor is in Minnestota. Karnes is his name. No longer interested in their product except the chain. The chain is manufactured in China and imported into the USA, Columbia South Carolina. Archer owns the chain plant in China.

I hate you are having this experience. I haven't ordered anything from them recently but my prior experiences have been great. However I have never gotten anything from them that I tried to return. I hope they make it right.
As of today, I get the joy of returning the bad bar, at my expense.... and maybe, they will do something about it. Not impressed with that. Going to respond and get concrete specifics before I waste any more money on it. Found other, better sources for the bar, that all have a longer warranty period and will honor it.

As of today, I get the joy of returning the bad bar, at my expense.... and maybe, they will do something about it. Not impressed with that. Going to respond and get concrete specifics before I waste any more money on it. Found other, better sources for the bar, that all have a longer warranty period and will honor it.
Archer bars are just run-of-the-mill Chinese bars, same as their chain. Archer Plus though is a little different. They are the United States distributor for Archer products and Tsumura bars, so it’s not like they’re some little mom and pop joint. I’ve never had an issue with the one bar I bought from them other than the rails spread relatively easy on it. My guess is that they will help you out if they feel it’s a defect in the bar

Archer bars are just run-of-the-mill Chinese bars, same as their chain. Archer Plus though is a little different. They are the United States distributor for Archer products and Tsumura bars, so it’s not like they’re some little mom and pop joint. I’ve never had an issue with the one bar I bought from them other than the rails spread relatively easy on it. My guess is that they will help you out if they feel it’s a defect in the bar
You would think that being something bigger than a mom and pop joint, that their customer service and attitude would be a lot better. To-date that has not been my experience. No phone number on which to converse with them either. They act like any question or complaint is simply the problem of the user. My mistake was buying a second bar from them. The Tsunmura bars are better no doubt, the Archer bar is nothing something I will recommend after having issues with two of them. As you said, average Chinese low-end market commodity bar. Now, I get the added expense of sending it to them.

Latest posts

Back