Can this tree be saved? If not..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbk125

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can this tree be saved? If not, how would you suggest it be taken down.
https://imgur.com/a/v3Ia7D2
script>

v3Ia7D2

You could cut it back some in late winter but it will always be ugly and weak.

Personally I would remove it and start over but I do that for a living.

If I were to take it down I would use a rope, saw, and pole saw. Notch and swing the limbs that are over something and if nothing was directly under it I would pole saw it most of the way down. Only looks about 30' tall but pics can be decieving.

Of course it is a pear! That is their natural form.

It will live...then fall apart a little more. The cycle will repeat.

The bigger question is whether it is serving its function. If it is supposed to make the house look nicer...it doesn't. A stump would look better (but that is a personal decision).

Don't plant another pear when you replace it. They are not good trees.

Of course it is a pear! That is their natural form.

It will live...then fall apart a little more. The cycle will repeat.

The bigger question is whether it is serving its function. If it is supposed to make the house look nicer...it doesn't. A stump would look better (but that is a personal decision).

Don't plant another pear when you replace it. They are not good trees.
I like them when they are young but holy cow they require more tending than any tree on earth

Bradford Pear...the cockroach of the tree world...the French call them "German cockroaches" and the Germans call them "French cockroaches."

Whatever its exact name/species, why would one WANT to save it? :chainsaw: "But it's just an innocent cockroach!"

Back