Carlton 2500-4 stump grinder hydraulic leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolbrze

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a Carlton 2500-4 stump cutter & the control side drive wheel just started leaking hydraulic oil. Any ideas what this might be - a seal maybe, & how hard is it to change?

Your hyd.drive motor is leaking,probably seal,but remove wheel and check lines first.Easy enough to remove motor,if their's a shop around that packs hyd cylinders and works on hyd motors, take it there.The seal is a inboard seal so you have to disassemble motor.If you can't afford the down time can buy one from Carlton i think around $475.00

I just had one rebuilt for I believe 350 ish from American hydraulic. They overnighted it to their pump house in NJ and overnighted it back to me. I was back up and running in 3 days.

Taking the motor off yourself will save on labor.

A new one is obviously an option as well, as it’s only an extra $150. Compared to the rebuilt one at 350$

I just had one rebuilt for I believe 350 ish from American hydraulic. They overnighted it to their pump house in NJ and overnighted it back to me. I was back up and running in 3 days.

Taking the motor off yourself will save on labor.

A new one is obviously an option as well, as it’s only an extra $150. Compared to the rebuilt one at 350$

Where would you get a new at? Would that be $150 from Carlton?

Back