2019 Carlton SP7015 issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterwood609

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello
I recently picked up at 2019 Carlton SP7015. Currently has roughly 1100hrs. Powered by a 74hp Kohler the thing is a monster! I was grinding a stump today and I lost the cutter head up and down function on both the machine and remote. When i toggle the function the hydraulic line jumps like its getting juiced but nothing happens. Not sure if its something to do with the solenoid where all of the hydraulic controls are? Not very experienced with large grinders. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

It is nothing mechanical i own the machine its the remote turn machine off give it a minute and then turn on machine again. It sometimes loses the contact with remote. To be sure use it on manual and use toggle switches it will work. The machine is a beast the only problem is with service as they are in south carolina and its very hard to get service from them. Once the machine is dialed it it is amazing

Hello
I recently picked up at 2019 Carlton SP7015. Currently has roughly 1100hrs. Powered by a 74hp Kohler the thing is a monster! I was grinding a stump today and I lost the cutter head up and down function on both the machine and remote. When i toggle the function the hydraulic line jumps like its getting juiced but nothing happens. Not sure if its something to do with the solenoid where all of the hydraulic controls are? Not very experienced with large grinders. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks

I had that happen a month ago but it was only an issue with the remote. I called a guy at Carlton, named Mark, and he walked me through it. In my case the cutter head would not go up or down with the remote. I tried changing out the toggle switch but that did not help. It turned out to be that some of the wires inside the remote had some corrosion and there are two white wires and a brown wire inside the remote that control those functions. One of the white wires had corroded in two. Mark said he would clean it up and put new terminals on it for $140. I told him I will send it to him in December when things are much slower. Did you figure out your problem? If so, what was it.

Back