Chainsaw boring jig?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoclones

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Some time ago I saw a video on YouTube of a jig/fixture which attached to the end of the chainsaw bar. It wasn't much more than a round shaft. After a hole is drilled into a log, the shaft was inserted and the chainsaw was twisted around to bore a hole the same diameter as the bar and chain.

Has anyone see or used this? Does it wear out the bar quickly? Who sells it?

you ever tried to drill a bar their hard,so mounting the guide gonna take time, i think i understand what your saying its bending the teeth over on the end of the bar,i think it would work on a old bar cause their always still ok at the tip . looked like he had different guides he could screw on .john t

I've got drill bits that big and they're alot faster. It obviously works, but it's only one size. Even if the drill bits are $30 or $40 each, I'd rather build up a set, Joe.

I've got drill bits that big and they're alot faster. It obviously works, but it's only one size. Even if the drill bits are $30 or $40 each, I'd rather build up a set, Joe.

Are you talking about the self feed bits plumbers use? I use one for boring a 'beer can hole' in carvings. The work great but could not be used at the kind of angle the chainsaw bore is going in at.

Butch

Back