Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a group you won't see many boasting about, 600 Series McCulloch saws. All things considered they are heavy, loud, slow, dependable, and readily available. I got started collecting these quite unintentionally and decided to try to get them all for my older son. Not included in the photo is a recently acquired unit sold by Montgomery Wards with their color scheme and decals.

We are still looking for a 655 and the 600 Series edition Silver Eagle to round it out.

attachment.php

Pro Mac 5700, Eager Beaver, Timber Bear, 610, 650, and 605 on the ground

Mark

After the fallout about her "off topic" turkey post, she got kind of pissed off,
and started saying crude things about Canadians, in general.

But keep in mind, she is just a stupid cat............

What she said about Pioneer chainsaws, does not reflect my personal
views.......................

Thank GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to update.....

Tink has left the Chainsaw industry and has started up a "Pest Control" company, she is not impressed by the "Turtleman" and thinks that he is
too liberal and softhearted.........

View attachment 275528

Looking at all the saws here I know exactly why I have caught the bug to find and try and fix some of the older model Stihls. I just picked up a nice looking 028 Super AV EQ off a guy for 30 bucks. Yep, my wife is ready to KILL me! I need some assistance please, looking for the IPL and with the web page still reeling from the nasty Redax hack I can't do a proper search. I know someone has probably posted this already so please forgive me for double, or triple tapping this request>:redface:
I just finished with my Dad's 025 and it turned out pretty good. Not bad for a full time Army guy looking for a hobby! Thanks in advance to the unselfish guys who always seem to respond. I promise to post pre and post pictures!

:greenchainsaw:

I just got back from a bit of a working holiday to a mate's place in Tasmania (Australia).
He wanted a fair few trees cleared as a fire break after seeing what happened with the Victorian Bushfires. These were mainly Pine, Wattle, Stringybark, and a few Bluegums. Unfortunately the ideal saw for most of these would have been my 7900 with a 32" bar but it was getting fixed so only had my 3120XP and 5100-S. Probably around 90% of the cutting I did was with the 3120. Needless to say I was well and truly worn out by the end of the week. My forearms diameter is rapidly overtaking my biceps. I really don't care if I don't touch the thing again for a few months...
My mate has an 029 with a 20" bar but isn't confident enough to fell some of the larger trees.
Although I'd spent a reasonable amount of time on my 3120 I learnt a whole new level of respect for her after running over 70 litres of fuel through it in 5 days. One thing I realised is that they use a LOT of fuel :) , and the second thing was not to get in its way when flush cutting stumps. I had it kick back pretty violently and caught the handle in my left thigh and left, um, you know what. It launched me for a few metres where gravity took over and I ended up about 10 meters down into a dry creek bed holding my crotch in the foetal position hoping that my still idling Husky with 42" buried wasn't going to pop out and land on me. I ended up with a bruise the size of a baseball on my leg but thankfully should still be able to bare children.
Have attached a few photos and will attach a video of a big 4 foot pine I dropped once its uploaded to Youtube...
27042009211.jpg

These massive pine logs were felled a couple of years back by a guy from a local mill. He was meant to come back and get the logs but never returned. I cut them up with the 3120 and 60" bar so a local guy with a 5 tonne excavator could roll them into a creek bed so they'd rot away. There were two pines - one had a trunk about 5 foot and the other near 7 foot. Also had to be very careful that none of the cut pieces rolled off down the very steep hill and took out my mate's fire fighting water tank!
27042009205.jpg

Note burnt up .404" sprocket tip. It gave up completely shortly after and siezed solid. I used a 36" GB Hard Nose after that plus 42" and 60".
26042009202.jpg

07052009248.jpg

I box cut this Bluegum after a plunge cut to check for rot. It had both rot and some fire damage from bushfires that ravaged the area in the early 60's. This wood is very, very hard - and damn heavy. This one log yielded around 4 tonne of firewood as it had snapped off about 20' off the ground. Came down with one big thump. Husky is wearing a 42" bar that I changed from .404" to 3/8" and was running non skip Carlton semi chisel.
07052009245.jpg

07052009247.jpg
how many acres does your mate have?

how many acres does your mate have?

Hi John.
I just saw this as Arboristsite hasn't been sending me updates when somebody replies.
As far as my mate in Tassie goes he sold that property and his house a few years back now and has moved to Kingston just south of Hobart.
Bit of a shame but his wife didn't really get used to country life unfortunately after spending her life in Perth so he ended selling it to a police officer I believe.
Bloody nice property and right up his alley. He had 140 acres but it seemed like 2,000 acres when you were in the forest :)
Matt

Back