Chainsaw won’t recoil Please HELP.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrwied

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It’s a 372 clone build. It recoiled when I first built then the rope broke. Replaced that and the spring was chinsy so I replaced. Now the dang thing won’t retract. It retracts off the saw just not installed against flywheel. Any suggestions or advice is welcome. At my wits end with this aspect of build. I’m trying to post pics but not having much luck I’ll keep trying.

Yea the dang thing is just really finicky about it’s position. Like the pulley or AM pawls aren’t just right. I touched up the pulley with some 220 sandpaper. Screwed with it a bit more finally got it to wrk long enough to get my squish n comp. whew. Lol. China ARGH!! Just playing. I love this thing. It’s cheeeep.

I’m hoping as it breaks in it’ll become a lil easier to locate. Jeesh I almost bought a whole oem starter n flywheel.

Lol. Maybe this is where I become a stihl guy...lol. I’ve built 2 that wrk perfect since I bought that one. Nah that wouldn’t be fair to judge husky by a knockoff. I’ve had huskys b4. I like them too.

Latest posts

Back