• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Couple Husky's, 365 OE and XT Both Need Some Things

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brett .. please give this old guy some knowledge . How do I fire up a saw and advertise that it runs well but I do not put a bar on it and cut? I am trying to learn the proper way of advertising my saws so I thought I would look over a few of your ads. Thanks your newest fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brett .. please give this old guy some knowledge . How do I fire up a saw and advertise that it runs well but I do not put a bar on it and cut? I am trying to learn the proper way of advertising my saws so I thought I would look over a few of your ads. Thanks your newest fan

"I said it runs great as far as I can tell, I've never had a bar on it or cut with it.", I didn't say it cuts well.
I'm not sure how I could word it differently, but I'm open to suggestions.
Maybe I'm missing what you're asking.
Thanks for looking at my ads, what saws are you looking at listing.
That ones NLA, it will run even better when it's done, and I'm hopping it does a great job cutting too.
This saw fires right up and runs great as far as I can tell, I've never had a bar on it or cut with it.

So who will know if it runs well ? The new buyer forking out $300 plus? Why not put a bar on it and give it your full blessing ? Oh wait I am way over thinking this .. sorry . I will start writing my ads more like this Thanks for your help again .

So who will know if it runs well ? The new buyer forking out $300 plus? Why not put a bar on it and give it your full blessing ? Oh wait I am way over thinking this .. sorry . I will start writing my ads more like this Thanks for your help again .

Yes, the new buyer. There's always a risk in buying a used saw, the type of buyer who I would want to buy this would be fully aware of that risk. No-one is being forced into buying this saw or buying from me, I certainly hope I haven't made anyone feel pressured in any of my dealings with them.
I do give the full blessing(I like that) to some. This one I had no intention of spending extra time on as I know a lot of guys want to get a saw for as cheap as they can because they have plenty of parts around for them or are looking for a project. If I go and fix everything on it it will be right in line with the price of all the others, so I try to have a few around that need a little work as well.

Great explanation of “caveat emptor”. I guess I am still trying to figure out with how busy you are and not wanting to spend a few minutes throwing a bar on the saw??? But you have the time to critique, throw criticism and SHAME on my ads!!! Maybe your time would be better spent working on your own stuff “CAVEAT EMPTOR” than trying to scare people away from mine. Once again I thank you for my chain saw education on ads and warnings.

Great explanation of “caveat emptor”. I guess I am still trying to figure out with how busy you are and not wanting to spend a few minutes throwing a bar on the saw??? But you have the time to critique, throw criticism and SHAME on my ads!!! Maybe your time would be better spent working on your own stuff “CAVEAT EMPTOR” than trying to scare people away from mine. Once again I thank you for my chain saw education on ads and warnings.

Get a friggen life guy. You gotta be reeeeeealy lonely to act like this.

That's always how I sell saws needing work and how I plan to sell them in the future.
Did I say I don't have time, it's that I'm not going to spend the time digging into it, then I would give it my full blessing and then I would also raise the price which was never the goal with this saw. Since my plans have changed with the XT anyway the next time someone will have an opportunity to buy it it will be for much more than it was listed here.
I won't explain myself again to you as you obviously still don't get it why I said shame on you. I think it's interesting how you took my criticisms as trying to scare people away from your ad, that was never my point, although it does seem that is your objective here and not to learn. I started trying explain to you that you placed an ad asking for opinions on selling a saw in the trading post which clutters up the trading post. Also titling an ad in the trading post as mint condition when they are not waste the time of those who are looking for a mint saw when it is not. As I said in your ad if you want opinions on selling there's a place for that.
I'll link the ad we are talking about so others can understand better, but that will be a little difficult since you changed the title and various statements you made within the initial post. I would have saved more of it but I didn't expect to have to give account in this way, not that I mind as it keeps my ad at the top.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/saw-is-sold-500-thanks-for-the-help.328261/

Yes, the new buyer. There's always a risk in buying a used saw
I have to politely partially disagree with this statement. Every indication I have is that you explain what you're selling, so there are no surprises. I think a few people on here do a good job of it. I feel like I know exactly what I'm getting from a few members on here, and if something isn't on the level the members that I have dealt with have all made effort to eliminate the risk by making it right. But, if the words don't match what your eyes are seeing it'll make the whole deal suspect, and risky.

Back