craftsman/Roper 3.7a, model 917351470 what size bar and chain will fit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob jans

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
:dizzy:I have a craftsman roper 3.7a model 917351470.I need to replace my bar and chain, and can't find info on what size it will need. It has an old 17" on it now, and would like to go to a modern 18" or 20" if I could. What modern bar and chain would I need,I dont know the pitch of the saw model,.3/8 or .325 or DL it needs.If anyone has information that be great.:clap:

Oregon D176 mount x 16" is on mine. Your ordinary Mac 10-10 size. Available everywhere.

18" would be be a good compromise of agility vrs. reach.

Be carefull if you have one set up for power sharp as they used .325" chain.

if im not mistaken its the same thing as the poulan 3400-3700 and if it is you can buy oregon 27850 20" bar and chain combo for like $42 dollars plus tax

I have a couple of the Ropers (as well as a couple of Craftsman branded Poulan 3700's), both the Ropers came with 18" bars and this one has the Power Sharp system (and the original case).

Craftsman37004.jpg

I think an 18" bar is about right for them.

[EDIT] Just found a picture of them together.

Poulanfamilyportrait006.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple of the Ropers (as well as a couple of Craftsman branded Poulan 3700's), both the Ropers came with 18" bars and this one has the Power Sharp system (and the original case).

Craftsman37004.jpg

I think an 18" bar is about right for them.

[EDIT] Just found a picture of them together.

Poulanfamilyportrait006.jpg

I used a large mount husky bar on mine... 20" 3/8" 7 pin rim... A little shim and it now accepts any bar in the arsenal...

Latest posts

Back