Dang it got COLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36F and snowing here again today. I have had snow on the ground for over a month now. Supposed to get into the teens again here later this week, then next week it is supposed to get up to friggin' 50F!!! Maybe THEN the snow and ice will finally melt?

Supposed to get to around 6F here tonight. I got up to 34F for a few hours today, and I pulled a half cord of wood out from under the snow. Not much snow left here, maybe 4 inches out there now. They got hit with a foot or more of snow in Portland 2 days ago. Traffic is still scrawling along there (mostly jack-knifed trucks on the ice). Floods are coming with a big Hawaiian 50F warmup on Monday. Should make the news again next week. California is flooding again today.

Supposed to get to around 6F here tonight. I got up to 34F for a few hours today, and I pulled a half cord of wood out from under the snow. Not much snow left here, maybe 4 inches out there now. They got hit with a foot or more of snow in Portland 2 days ago. Traffic is still scrawling along there (mostly jack-knifed trucks on the ice). Floods are coming with a big Hawaiian 50F warmup on Monday. Should make the news again next week. California is flooding again today.

-2 here in SE Washington right now. gonna warm up tomorrow to a high of 17, only hit 14 today. I was out splitting wood around noon. No breeze and quite confortable except for soaked gloves and cold hands from digging rounds out of the snow, splitting and piling snow covered wood.

-15* here. Got up to about -5* this afternoon.
Actually wasn't bad, I was almost sweating until I took off my jacket (had long johns, 2 hoodies and bibs on

Amazon just flew my son out to Seattle, for a job interview, yesterday. It was 60, in MD when I dropped him off at BWI. I didn't think to warn him it may be a little cooler in Wash. I wonder if they hold it against him if the heaviest thing he's wearing is his neck tie? Joe.

We hit 82 here yesterday and set a record for that date...long away from the low 20's we just saw. It is just too warm to be in the 80's in January.

Was 17F here yesterday morning when I got a call from my ex-SIL in town. She had a huge old apple tree in her yard fall into the street, and the city cited her for it for removal and liability issues. Pure BS from the city, its an act of god. Anyway, I went over there with some saws and dug around the foot plus of snow, and I carved up the tree and cleared the branches in about an hour. I have a load of firewood for next year, and she is happy. But man, were my hand COLD! They were screaming in pain.

So now I am not happy that I sold my 361 arctic saw instead of fixing it and keeping it with the hand warmers for these situations. :dumb:

Back