Dht splitternfluid change?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilliams

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking at changing the fluids on my 30ton dht splitter. I already have done an oil change but have a question about the hydraulic fluid. Is their any filters I can pick up at the parts store to replace the dht brand filter or do I need to have one from dht. Didn’t know if any other brands will cross reference with this brand?

Should be able to find one at NAPA. Just make sure it is a hydraulic filter and the correct micron count. I did this with my old troybuilt splitter and it was way cheaper. I think think my one buddy did this with his DHT also. Can't get a hold of him though.

I don't think I would change the hydro oil. Unless it is obviously somehow contaminated.

Echo above - make sure you don't get an oil filter. Easily mixed up, they look pretty well the same.

if it’s brand new I would change the hydraulic filter at roughly 25 hours just because it’s cleaning out all the manufacturing crap. beyond that you should never have to change the hydraulic fluid unless it gets grossly overheated say 250° for a half an hour more or if it runs too cool and accumulates a lot of water and then things like the breather cap stated above. fluid will go for thousands of hours. just change the filter every hundred hours or something like that.

The typical hydraulic spin on filter is a 1 inch extra fine thread center post and it’s very common among many different manufacturers. I don’t have the Napa numbers here but it was (edit not 1245) in a 10 µm 1“ center thread. there’s also a metric version of 24 25 26? mm center post thread that’s different.
The bypass valve is in the mounting head on hydraulic filters. On engine oil filters the bypass and backcheck are located in their element itself.

Back