dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carb has the same exterior dimensions like on the 45 cc clones. Just has hi idle on the choke like that in your Earthquake. The 45 cc clone carb has just choke. Is a WT clone with bigger venturi.

Look Ebay item nummer 130925391837. Is a Baumr Ag 62 cc clone. The item has a foto of the carb i was writing about. The saw handle lacks accel lock, and the filter holder is diferent from the one on the 45cc clones.

Look Ebay item nummer 130925391837. Is a Baumr Ag 62 cc clone. The item has a foto of the carb i was writing about. The saw handle lacks accel lock, and the filter holder is diferent from the one on the 45cc clones.
Thanks! That looks like a nice saw, too bad they are not available here.

It looks like they are beginning to deviate further from the original Zenoah designs.

Hi psjwi, I gave a 45cc earthquake to my bil. It was new looking when I got it and like it had never been in wood. About a year after I gave it to him 8t started giving him troubles running and then even starting and I took the fuel lines off it and one looked like it had turned to jelly. I replaced all of the lines and it runs like new now

Hi psjwi, I gave a 45cc earthquake to my bil. It was new looking when I got it and like it had never been in wood. About a year after I gave it to him 8t started giving him troubles running and then even starting and I took the fuel lines off it and one looked like it had turned to jelly. I replaced all of the lines and it runs like new now

Hi Nick,

Yes, I just replaced all the fuel lines/purge bulb as well as the oil lines from the tank to the oil pump on one of smaller 41cc models. That took care of hot start issues I was having as well as the extreme oil leaks.
The oil lines from the Ryobi RY10532 fit just fine (thanks Chris-PA) and totally stopped the leaks.
The oil cap still leaked a bit and was caused by mold flashing on the sealing area of the cap not allowing the o-ring to seat properly. I cleaned up the flashing and replaced the o-ring (20mm ID x 3mm). I also smeared a bit of Ultra Black on the flashing areas before seating the o-ring to the cap. That took care of it.

Paul

Why so many of these clones exist may be because of techtronic industries.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...A7M5qF0ar8Jl13UkQ&sig2=MjFD-5BxptKYbZYj_FhrTg
That makes perfect sense - TTI owns the Ryobi and Homelite brands, and it's been clear to me for some time that Zenoah had an agreement of some kind. This report was from 2003, and then we had the Ryobi RY10532 which was a GZ400 in different colors. Now they have the Ryobi RY3716, which appears to be a 10532 with a non-strato cylinder and no air valve.

After Husqvarna bought Zenoah in 2007 that might have restricted the use of strato? Zenoah was clearly licensing the use of the GZ4000 design to Jenn Feng in Taiwan, but they seemed to stop using strato about the same time.

So are saying that Ryobis are the same as Earthquakes or just some of them? Some Ryobis have been crap!
Only the RY10532 and now the RY3716 and 3714 are based on Zenoah designs, the rest are Homelites, and I'm not sure who designed those. The Earthquakes are also based on Zenoah designs, and probably made at the same actual factories, but I don't know for sure.

Today i saw for the first time a 58 cc chinese [Redmax copy] cylinder. Is 45,2 mm and bigger transfer ports compared to the 52 cc cylinder[45 mm]. I got this from the junk yard.I think this is a improvment from the original Zenoah Komatsu g450 design. These 58 cc chaisaws are 45,2 bore x 34 stroke.

Today i saw for the first time a 58 cc chinese [Redmax copy] cylinder. Is 45,2 mm and bigger transfer ports compared to the 52 cc cylinder[45 mm]. I got this from the junk yard.I think this is a improvment from the original Zenoah Komatsu g450 design. These 58 cc chaisaws are 45,2 bore x 34 stroke.
I've been wanting to see one of those cylinders. I agree it is an improvement - I believe the G5000 at least was closed dual transfers, and this is quad open transfers. I think from what I've seen on ebay that some of the Chinese 52cc cylinders are open dual designs.

The G5000[5200?] has 4 closed transfers. The 52 cc chinese cylinders are just G450 cylinders with bigger bore. 43 mm for 52cc and 45mm for 52cc. The cylinder i posted today is made [ ?] just by 1 outfit named Hairun[m?]. Looking on Aliexpress i found just 1 store[ Shelly's online store] selling this 4 transfer cylinder in 45 mm and 45,2 mm. All others are with 2 transfers. Hairun cylinders have 3 ribs on top, others don't. In few weeks i should have in my hands a Tanaka 5601[Redmax G5000] and i will post some pictures of the cylinder.

In the fourth picture you can see the logo Hairun uses. Also on Aliexpress i saw a 37cc cylinder[G3800 copy] with transfer ports true to the original. Maybe Hairun allso? Yes on the same store you can find that cylinder.

The G5000[5200?] has 4 closed transfers.
Oh, I'm wrong then. I'll have to see if I can find some pictures.

I had found the web site link of the company that made many of these cylinders, but I cannot locate it now. They had normal and "emissions" versions, and while they did not show the insides of the cylinders I suspect those had quad transfers.

If you look on Aliexpress the shop i wrote has these types of cylinders :37 cc true to the original and 52 cc+58 cc 4 transfers. Look for the ribs on top of the jug. Also if you Google search '' Hairun cylinders'' you will find on Alibaba these cylinders. On my search i'v found only Hairun to be 4 port cylinder.

Hayrun. Looking at a 48mm jug from a 62 cc clone[Fuxtec 62cc] and this jug the Hairun looks more like the closed port jug[Redmax G5000] .The shape of the fins is similar and they are double thick.

Attachments

• Hayrun 001.JPG
    Hayrun 001.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 18
Back