Doing Tree Inventory With Arborscope Software For The First Time Need Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simeon Benjamin

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am doing a tree inventory collection with the Bartleitt tree software on arbor scope for the first time and have the following questions. If anyone has done this before fell free to jump in on these questions below:

(1) For height class how did you determine if a tree is small, medium, or large? Is it the diameter measurements if so, what are those range of numbers for classifying the sizes? I am aware that some trees will stay in the small class like parsley hawthorn only growing 15 to 25ft tall, Red Maple 30 to 55ft tall in the medium class, and then a large tree class also exist.

(2) How do you measure the diameters for trees with multiple trunks / stems?

(3) How do you find the Canopy radius of a tree? Do you measure horizontal from one end of the dripline of the tree to another. Then measure vertical from one end of the dripline to another, add those two measurments together then divide by 2? This is what I have been seeing online.

(4) For Age class how do you classify if a tree is young, semi-mature, mature, and over mature?What would be the best and simplest methods for doing this?

Back