• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Echo 660EVL Ignition module

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a good module. PM me of you have one. Thanks
Hi there beaglebriar,
Have you had any luck with sourcing these parts or has anyone suggested an alternative model solution?
I’m interested to know as my 660 is requiring the same bits!
Cheers Drinali

Hi there beaglebriar,
Have you had any luck with sourcing these parts or has anyone suggested an alternative model solution?
I’m interested to know as my 660 is requiring the same bits!
Cheers Drinali
No I have not. It seems they are rare as hens teeth. I have a friend that's an Echo dealer and been meaning to stop and chat with him. At this point I'm going to look at retrofitting a single piece coil. If I come up with something I'll post it here. If you could do the same that would be great.

No I have not. It seems they are rare as hens teeth. I have a friend that's an Echo dealer and been meaning to stop and chat with him. At this point I'm going to look at retrofitting a single piece coil. If I come up with something I'll post it here. If you could do the same that would be great.
Will do. There doesn’t appear to be an aftermarket option anywhere.
Very interested to hear how you go.
In the mean time I’ll keep searching...

ABC6B5F7-2D8A-4164-9EAB-8344781BB710.jpeg Hey beaglebriar can you pass this onto your echo dealing mate?
It’s a detailed diagram of the ignition coil. There might be something suitable in the parts bin.

@workshop

This?

78bce66635f4c9209fb21c326c6bbcde.jpg

The module piece that picks up signal from the flywheel is what I believe to be bad on the saw I have here. It will start and idle but dies when you hit the throttle. I have gone through the fuel system so I'm sure that is not the issue.

I recently went thru about ten 650/660 EVL.
db2ddd04411d7451829114106c415d9b.jpg

I did discover there were two different systems used on them.

Mostly found that if one used the wrong flywheel, the spark was 25-30 degrees late. [emoji2959]

I had to keep flywheels and associated coils in separate Wally World bags to stay out of trouble. [emoji2955]

Found a NOS module on eBay. Payed wayyyy too much but the owner of the saw really wanted it running again.

Found a NOS module on eBay. Payed wayyyy too much but the owner of the saw really wanted it running again.
That was lucky as I’ve been searching everywhere! Which ebay site was it from? Any joy with your mate at echo?
Just a few questions eh!

That was lucky as I’ve been searching everywhere! Which ebay site was it from? Any joy with your mate at echo?
Just a few questions eh!
My Echo dealer couldn't help, doesn't have have any older parts. eBay US, I was very surprised to see it. Been doing a search every few days for awhile.
b9a1171b41656f2cddaf69457f9f0704.jpg

But as a comparison a new coil for a 372 is around $90. I'd spend that to keep my favorite saw going. Luckily I have several spares in the shed. [emoji16]

Back