Echo C's 352 OR Husqvarna 120?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Phone messed up the thread title. Should be cs352.
I cant correct that. Ok!
A friend dropped by while I was running my Echo cs 352. He loves the saw but has Husqvarna in mind. Tractor Supply has the Husky 440 for about 300 bucks. It does have a metal Chain Catcher. I've not seen the Husky 120. Tractor Supply has it for 180. Without driving into town the reviews were not impressive.
Frankly I don't really like the small Huskys. But I'm also pissed at Echo for the plastic Chain Catcher on the cs 352.
After I hot welded and beefed mine up it may work BUT customers shouldn't have to reingeener and update flimsy crap. So, this friend wants a small Chainsaw. Not battery. Petrol.
Does anyone on this site have any thoughts about the Husqvarna 120. I know the Echo has only 1 serious defect but can be fixed. So if anyone has any REAL experience with these two saws I'd like their opinions. All other opinions will be respected but may not be persuading. Thanks and be blessed.

Doesn't address your question, but I'd like details on your CS352 mod. And, face it, for a $10 replacement part I wouldn't ignore the 352 because of this "defect".

IMG_20190324_191114.jpg
Doesn't address your question, but I'd like details on your CS352 mod. And, face it, for a $10 replacement part I wouldn't ignore the 352 because of this "defect".
The mode probably solved the Problem. It's not pretty but very thick where the way to thin connection is. 12 bucks and 100 miles to drive then putting a defective part back on to replace a defective part just don't make sense.
For years I've perfected my plastic welding done my way and it's working so well I customized the gunstock on my youth model 20 guage and mafm it look factory.
But,, I'm not prepared to update other people's saws. I'll attach a photo of the Factory thin crap and my repair. I didn't finish coat my repair and the saw is dirty but my finger tip shows where I've put layers of plastic on the weak place filled in the trusses which are to thin and beefed up the entire part. I could smooth and paint it and make it pretty but at my age lipstick and ear bobs don't improve women and pretty saws don't cut better. I bought a new part and IF the saw gets sold I'll install the new part then hand the buyer my repair and say when the **** hits the fan put old fat Bessy on there and cut wood.

Attachments

• IMG_20190227_141211.jpg
    IMG_20190227_141211.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 15
Back