• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Echo cs3510 or cs352

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've been using a cs352 for my small limbing saw. A friend is telling me to buy a cs3510. I read some reviews about the 3510 where some people say the trigger spring it to strong and tires the hand. Others say after running for a while it gets hard to start. Has anyone been running a cs3510 for a while that can give me some input. The cs352 starts well, idles well, cuts great, is light and i've never had a dimes worth of trouble with the 352. Is there any reason to buy the 3510?

Is there any reason to buy the 3510?
Your friend seems to have a pretty convincing argument, lol
The 3510 would give you better AV,
translucent tanks, bigger openings for fuel and oil
As far as the trigger, its not my favorite but it doesn't bother my hand. My 3510 starts easy hot or cold
If it were me I'd keep the 352

I'm unfamiliar with the Echo models, but personally, I do not like the translucent tanks compared to a standard tank-handle. That's just one more place that can be damaged or form a leak over time.

I really don't understand why the saw makers have switched to this. Why do i need to see the gas level? If I'm about to put a back-cut in, I can take a few seconds to pop the cap, and that is IF I can't tell from the weight of the nearly empty tank or the change in tune as the tank runs near empty.

Thanks for the Replies.. So,, keep the 352 AND buy a 3510 or just not buy the 3510 and keep using the 352? That's the question in my mind. I don't mind spending the money, BUT, if there's not much difference, maybe, I should not buy a 3510. Some people say they have a problem adjusting the Carb. One guy said he hates the Air Filter.. So.. I'm still not sure if maybe I should just NOT buy anything and keep cutting with what I have.. Be Blessed,

Well I could have both the 352 and 3510. I'm not rich but 300 dollars ain't much money if the saw is really really that good. I was raised on a farm and small ranch. Every time I spend a dime I have to believe it's justified. I've never seen a 3510. Maybe I will go see if I can actually see the saw. My friend is harping on me saying that I've Just GOTTA have one. I'm not much on spending money on myself. I'm not sure it's justified. Thank you for the replies

Well I could have both the 352 and 3510. I'm not rich but 300 dollars ain't much money if the saw is really really that good. I was raised on a farm and small ranch. Every time I spend a dime I have to believe it's justified. I've never seen a 3510. Maybe I will go see if I can actually see the saw. My friend is harping on me saying that I've Just GOTTA have one. I'm not much on spending money on myself. I'm not sure it's justified. Thank you for the replies

You might as well go look at one and see what you think. Buy it if you like it and become a saw freak like the rest of us.

To late,, LOL. I spend a lot of time in my Shop. I am impressed with a good chainsaw.. But at 76, my work load has slowed and I'm not yet able to justify another toy.. LOL. I've not been in m sail boat for several years. Once you stop using stuff, it becomes clutter. On the subject of Chainsaws. I've never run the cheap stuff like Remington (gas) saws/ Walmart 42 cc (what ever) saws, Is it true they don't have crankshaft bearings? Years ago I bought a (don't remember the name) saw from Home Depot. It ran great at first. I wore it out in about a week.. LOL.. They gave me my money back and I bought the Echo cs352 and never looked back. I put a 14 inch bar and good chain on it plus a good Rim drive system. I had to replace the clutch cover once due to the chain catch snapped off. Other than that, the 352 is a super good saw.

I have the CS352, 490, and 590. I've used them for years. No problems. All are great saws. I had a cs310 but sold it. I think that saw should not be on the market in my opinion. Mine cut well but the saw is not worth what you pay in my opinion when you can get a cs352 for just a few more bucks. So I guess I'll just have to keep what I've got. Thanks so very much for your comments. Be blessed.

UP DATE; Just got off the phone with Mr.X. He informed me he no longer likes the cs3510 as much as the cs352. His complaint was the Carb, the Air Filter, how the saw felt in his hands and in his opinion the 352 was a better saw. He sold the 3510. He's a guy who buys and sells things. He also uses a Chainsaw occasionally. He also has a 4910. In his opinion it's not as good as the cs490. Now he wishes he had kept the cs490. His opinion. NOT mine. I've never used a 3510 nor a 4910. I had a cs310 and muffler modded it. After a tune up it was awesome but NOT as good as the 352. I sold the 310. Recently I took 3 saws to a storm clean up. The 352 cut awesome. The 590 was making a great show but after an hour or so the chain began to dull. I grabbed the 490 with a sharp chain and was shocked at how well it took on that huge sweet gum tree. So,, NOW,, MR. X is not begging me to buy a new saw. LOL.. The local dealer does not even have a cs3510 nor a cvs4190 in his stock.. I live in a very suppressed place. The smartest person here might be considered stupid elsewhere. LOL.. What's really funny is, some people around here actually think i'm smart.. LOL. Well unless you include my X wife. Ha.Ha.. have a great day.

The 4910 has been discontinued by Echo but they are still in stock at all the Home Depots in my area. Dad has a 310 he uses almost exclusively for construction demo and concrete form boards. He loves it. I might get him one of those Oregon self sharpening gimmicks for Christmas since he is so hard on chains.

When I bought my cs310 many years ago, I loved the saw UNTIL,, I saw the 352. First off.. The anti vibe is better. THe 310 does not have that spring on the motor (remove the cover) like the 352. I'm not wealthy but I'm not poor either so money is a big deal but the difference in cost made the 352 a bargain. NOW, I really could get by with out buying another saw. HOWEVER,,, This afternoon my baby brother and I had a chat. Every year I give enough money to Charity to buy several new cs3510 saws. He said to me, "brother, you give money to others, why not give yourself a new saw, you know you can afford it and you deserve it". I had already thought, maybe, I'd pass on the new cs3510 but with 15% off it's not really much money. Heck, I'd spend that making a trip to Hot Springs. So, maybe, I will buy the new cs3510. I saw one on You tube and it looks good.. I think it comes with a 6 tooth spur sprocket. Of course I'd change that out to a Rim drive 7 tooth. Amazon sells one for the cs352 and it's dirt cheap. My cs352 has the 7 tooth rim drive kit and it really zooms. If you were to use my 352 you would see the difference. The 310 is ok for occasional use but, I still work my 352 pretty often. I wish you lived near. I'd show you how to build my sharpening Jig. Dad will do well to learn how to file a chain and dress a bar. Unless, well he just don't enjoy that kind of thing.. I do.. Here is another trick. I sharpen a lot of chains so to keep from mixing them up, I tie something on the sharp ones. I also spray my chains with Cooking Spray, I use Canola Oil in the green can from Walmart. It keeps the chains from rusting while hanging on a nail.. Good luck

The 4910 has been discontinued by Echo but they are still in stock at all the Home Depots in my area. Dad has a 310 he uses almost exclusively for construction demo and concrete form boards. He loves it. I might get him one of those Oregon self sharpening gimmicks for Christmas since he is so hard on chains.
You are probably better off getting an extra chain or two or three. Those self sharpening gizmos only work with special self sharpening chain. They sharpen the top/outside of the cutting edge. It just looks wrong

Latest posts

Back