echo cs600 won't do anything except idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bm.. So do I. Stupid carb... I'll check woodruff key first before I throw the carb across the parking lot

Sorry this just occurred to me I still think it the carb. But there is a chance the coil could be bad. The chip may be cutting out the coil and only allowing intermittent spark. I did have a issue like that on a ryobi 4 stroke weed whip. Still think it's a carb

A common problem with carbs is that the gaskets get assembled in the wrong order. On the pump side it should be diaphragm, gasket, cover and gasket, diaphragm, cover on the metering side.

I had a 550P that was a BIT@H to get running, swapped flywheels, ignitions plugs everything from a running 620 (except the carb...) and guess what, it was the carb lol rebuilt it and still had issues... get a new carb or better yet one off a 620P.

The idea of spray into carburetor throat is sound idea as that would determine if its fuel or ignition. As bikemike posted I also have seen one coil on a Homelite saw that let the engine run at idle but would not accelerate and even sometimes blew the air filter off.

Also if only pops and don't run at all then it can seals or compression related.

If you get hung on this one sometimes a set of eyes on the problem might find the problem. I know I have got in a rut a few times and put things down a week or so as to refresh my thoughts.

Yup. I rarely have to look outside my own head for help but this thing Is killing me. I assume that the 620p carb is direct bolt on?

I found one for $69.55.. Brand new.. Pretty good price I'd say! Everyone else wants ~ 100.00

Yeah I do not see why it would not be a bolt on but I haven't tried myself. Make sure to pull the limiters before you install. Let us know how it works...

Does that carb have a welch plug covering the main jet? If it has, there is probably a screen under the main jet that is plugged. You can't be sure a carb is cleaned unless you remove those plugs to see what's under them.

Back